(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

Still nuthin

This was happening (still is) to me as well with words from キノの旅 so I don’t think it’s you or the book.

And, on the contrary, I had no problem so far. It might be a browser issue?

The SAO list also seems to have some copyright terms and stuff at the start of it(the SAO2 list also seems to have some stuff that could be part of legal text, like a few words for reproduction and laws and stuff, but I don’t have that book, so I don’t know if it actually starts with that or it just is a copyright notice or something). The Megumin list also has a bunch of legal words near the beginning.

I don’t intend on reading it, but 天鏡のアルデラミン also seems to have some such words at the start of it.

1 Like

floflo

Not sure how but one of my items got switched with another. The reading was correct though…

There used to be a problem with that. Basically the word displayed was incorrectly updated. (So it shows 遠回り but on the back side it’s actually asking about … the other thing)

Thanks mate :heart:

I reuploaded the lists for SAO 1 + 2, Alderamin, Majo no Takkyubin 2, and Oreimo. Hit me up if you notice any others :ok_hand:

At the very least it’s a visual bug only (and it’s really rare in my experience). Just curious are you on firefox or chrome?

2 Likes

I’m on chrome. But I don’t know if it’s just visual because it never got a review for 農薬 for either meaning or reading。 And when 遠回り came up again it accepted とおまわり just fine so it wasn’t completely switched.

Pretty minor thing, but the Wanikani data seems to be out of date. During the recent changes, some kanji (and possibly vocab) were moved around. One that I know for sure this happened to was 僕, which moved from a higher level all the way down to level 12, but it shows up as unknown for me on Floflo.

Thanks for the great site, by the way!

1 Like

Update 2/23 - Alchemizer Beta Improvements & Bug Fixes

Alchemizer Beta Additions

• Added Primary + Overlapping F1 @Vanilla @Radish8
  • Adding a phonetic (guess) item adds the first version of it in hiragana form instead of kanji form
    • So it’s gonna match the book basically. But if you add two version of it then the second will be in kanji form to distinguish it from the first one you add
  • Overlapping lists now get all items that appear in either the 1st + 2nd/3rd list or both (instead of just words that appear in all three lists)
    • Expands overlapping lists by ~25%
  • Added a Japanese dictionary lookup button
  • Kanji readings no longer look like a blob of text
  • Fixed frequencies/WK level not affecting lists as expected

Bug Fixes

• Lessons: Edits coming from the search menu now work correctly. Thanks for pointing that out @Radish8
  • SRS: Kanji hint popups no longer flicker when approaching with your mouse from the bottom
  • Alch Beta: Added a crappy default picture for things with no image (aozora books)

Review Overview

• New design for the review overview screen
5 Likes

:star_struck:

:star_struck: :star_struck:

:star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

1 Like

:family_man_woman_boy:

1 Like

I discovered recently that the “other” sections of floflo contains some really interesting decks ! The hatomugi ASRM stuff is really cool for listening exercise. But I especially like the “Newspaper Vocabulary” deck. Every now and then I pick a few words from it and learn them, it certainly provide vocabulary that are hard to find in regular manga/light novel.

I was wondering if it would be also possible to also add N5/N4/N3/N2/N1 decks ? I think it would a great way for people to trash quickly lot of basic words, but also check for gap in knowledge… Quite often I discover that I don’t know some words that are supposed to be fairly basic (for example tagged N5/N4 in jisho) and that I missed somehow…

3 Likes

Lessons seem to be broken, at least for me. When I selected some words/kanji to be quizzed on, it sends me to /study/, but the page is just blank. I tried again, and still got the blank page. I then noticed I had a review, so I went to do it, but it instead gave me the lessons I had selected before. I never got the study screen for them. After I cleared those new items, I was able to do the one actual review I had.

I tried a second time with just one word, and it did the exact same thing. I tried a third time after hard refreshing the site, just to be sure it wasn’t some old code being loaded or something, and it happened that time as well.

2 Likes

I’m also getting the blank study page, so it’s not just you.

1 Like

@Raionus, I am having the same problem as @jaearess and @Ditto20 mention above. The lessons function is not working properly. I assume since it is happening for all three of us that probably means it is something to do with a recent update, but then again…it might be due to the realignment of the planets?:upside_down_face::turtle::sweat_smile:

Yee, definitely that and not me being retarded :thinking:
Anyway, fixed. :ok_hand:

Yeah I wouldn’t mind doing that. Next list update will be around Friday next week so I’ll see if I can get it done.

2 Likes

Usually I’m sorta eh about jlpt categorization and stuff since there really aren’t any official lists to my knowledge

…but this actually seems like a really good idea! One thing I had to deal with at the start was very inaccurate numbers for words not yet known (I’ve had to trash over 2500 words which is nearly 50% of the words ive come across), and this seems like a good way to help with that.

3 Likes

I mean the Tanos list exists, although it’s certainly not official. If jisho is willing to use it then I’m willing to use it

1 Like

Yeah, thats true. Theres also the people that are misguided into thinking that something thats N3 level will be more common than something N2 or N1 which isn’t always true.

Also are these unique word numbers bugged or did the author suddenly decide he wants to expand his vocab lmao.

2 Likes