August 14 2020 Content Updates

Kanji

(53) - added “sincerity” to meanings and updated meaning mnemonic

(21) - updated mnemonics

Vocab

久しい (32) - changed meaning to “long ago” and “for a long time,” moved “long time” to allow list

下がる (1) - added “to become lower” to allow list

困る (20)- added “to be crowded” to block list

夏休み (7)- added “winter holiday” to block list

(41) - added “honey” to block list

妨げる (20) - updated reading mnemonic

毛糸 (5) - added “wool” and “knitting wool” to allow list

外人 (3) - added “foreign person” to allow list

瞬間 (46) - added “moment” as a meaning

意見 (11) - updated reading mnemonic

汗臭い (26) - added “sweaty-smelling” as primary meaning, and “smelling of sweat” and “smelling like sweat” as meanings; moved “sweaty smell,” “sweaty stench,” and “smell sweaty” to allow list, and added “stinking of sweat,” “stinking like sweat” and “sweaty” to allow list; updated meaning explanation

(29) - added on’yomi ばん to readings

31 Likes

Thank yo-… ah well, who to thank actually?
cue existential crisis

10 Likes

Thanks for all the work you guys do to keep WK amazing :crabigator:

9 Likes

THANK YOU, JENNY

18 Likes

This is the same meaning right?
Also, I never knew reading the words sweat and smell so many times could be so viscerally displeasing :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

It is! Fixed, thank you!
And I felt the same displeasure when typing :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks for the update.

3 Likes

In these content updates lists, I always have to look up many of the mentioned kanji and vocabs although I should know them, because they are in levels I have already passed. Somewhat scary … Or do you take my leech list and try to make the items in there more sticky?

1 Like

How did you find out?

2 Likes

The crabigator has lots of sneaky ways :wink:

Also just wanted to point out “passed” (guru) doesn’t always mean “acquired.” They will come back in reviews and hopefully will be acquired by the time you burn them. There may be correlation with this list and leech lists because these are the ones we’ve picked out for improvement :thinking:

6 Likes