Asking for a friend (taking Tylenol in Japanese)

Do you drink or eat tylenol? :stuck_out_tongue: Like in a Japanese sentence… I know usually “nomu”/“nomimasu” is used for medicine but does that actually apply to all medicines even pills?

Thanks. xD

2 Likes

It’s still 飲む. Weird little quirk of Japanese.

(Though, you don’t really “eat” pills in English either. You “take” them.)

11 Likes

Yeah but you eat pills/medicine in Chinese/Swedish lol. That’s what I was basing it off, not English.

Thanks! xD

2 Likes

Short answer: Yes
Long answer: Yesです

14 Likes

Yeah, it’s worth noting that 飲む is more like “swallow” generally than “drink” specifically. So it’s not that far out there.

Basically, if you’re not chewing it, 飲む is okay. So, eating something whole would also be 飲む if you wanted.

16 Likes

1 Like

This was the dumbest thing I’ve ever read and I couldn’t be happier.

2 Likes

As a kid, I once chewed and swallowed a coated Advil. Apparently I thought you had to eat it like an M&M. :sweat_smile:

It was… not tasty. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Medicine rarely is. And you know what they say? The worse tasting a medicine is, the better it works.

Hadn’t learned to swallow pills when I was younger and had to cut a pill in half to take it. I put in pizza and could taste it through the pizza. It was bigger than an advil and I bet it was nastier.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.