Aria the Masterpiece Home Thread (Beginner Book Club / Aria Book Club)

In my experience, they usually restock quickly!

Right now it says delivery of the out of stock volume would take 1-2 months, but hopefully that’s just a conservative placeholder. I’d like to order it once the next Beginner Book Club book is selected, so 2-3 weeks from now.

1 Like

I’m drawing up a wish list for my planned expedition to a second hand bookshop in Tokyo… More of this series are currently on it. :grin: Cross your fingers for me!

2 Likes

Will you buy them new (to still save on shipping) if they aren’t available used?

Quite possibly. Given that the first volume cost Y1204 but shipping cost me Y1200, you can see why I’m keen to pick up a few things there if I can. Although with weight restrictions I may need to factor in a trip to the 郵便局 as well.

I would be very tempted to mail a box home.

Ah, I’m super behind ;o; Sorry ya’ll, lots of life stuff happening and it’s difficult to find time to do much at all. I hope to catch up as soon as I can, but I have more things coming up, so if anything, I’ll probably only be able to jump back in on the tail end. :frowning:

1 Like

I wanted to get a sense of how the difficulty has been for people so far. Please indicate if you are still reading or not and how the difficulty has been for you. I know some people who stopped reading may not vote, but I’d appreciate it if you do!

• Still reading / Far too easy
  • Still reading / Slightly too easy
  • Still reading / Just right
  • Still reading / Slightly too hard
  • Still reading / Far too hard
  • Stopped reading / Far too easy
  • Stopped reading / Slightly too easy
  • Stopped reading / Just right
  • Stopped reading / Slightly too hard
  • Stopped reading / Far too hard

0 voters

I don’t feel really comfortable with what my answer implies…
I’m done reading because it was easy enough to just plow through :stuck_out_tongue:
I know you know that, but anyway…

2 Likes

I had to stop reading due to irl things, but I think that in terms of difficulty, it was pretty good. I’m planning to finish it, but probably wouldn’t be able to catch up during the time that the book club would be reading it.

3 Likes

You should really say “still reading” just like you do with the chapter threads. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Good luck with all your life stuff!

1 Like

Hm, yeah, let’s go with that.
Anyway, I do not belong to the target demographics of that poll :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I answered with “slightly too easy”, but maybe I’m being influenced by having read Kiki and (part of) ご注文はうさぎですか which are so much more difficult. :joy:

1 Like

Just so long as you enjoy it when you are able to catch up :blush:

2 Likes

@seanblue @Belthazar @hachiken @Naphthalene @anyone else who wants to keep reading aria ^^

I totally forgot there was an Aria thread where it would be more appropriate to discuss a continuing book club :stuck_out_tongue:

I also like the once per week format for the simplicity and clarity, and I wouldn’t want us to end up reading it so fast that we’re only able to have a cursory discussion of the story. The conversation does admittedly die down a lot after the weekend though.

5 Likes

I agree that doing more than one chapter a week could be hard to keep organized. Of course, we’ll see with Non Non Biyori (if it ends up winning) what it’s like to read more than one chapter a week since its chapters are shorter.

As I said in the other thread, I’d prefer to go a little faster. But I can just read ahead if I want to.

Maybe we should create another poll. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Me! Me! I splurged and bought the entire serious, so I really need to keep reading.

2 Likes

Would you mind posting pictures of the table of contents for the rest of the volumes?

2 Likes

And it will hopefully prevents me from just bingeing the whole thing in two days…

Also, I’m probably going to stick with the non masterpiece edition, since it’s easier to find second hand… differences are pretty minor so far anyway.

2 Likes