Anyone tried Pimsleur?

I was wondering if anyone here has tried Pimsleur, a subscription service that focuses on listening and pronunciation/speaking practice. Probably my weakest area unfortunately, but I am still very much a beginner…

Most of the reviews I could find on Google seemed sponsored, so yeah if anyone has any thoughts then please do let me know!

They do offer a free trial of some sort so maybe I will give it a go regardless. My main concern is; if it’s just listening, why not just use podcasts like Comprehensible Japanese, etc?

Thanks!

https://community.wanikani.com/search?context=topic&context_id=62164&q=Pimsleur&skip_context=true

2 Likes

Oh, right
Nice one

Some of the information in the older threads isn’t actually accurate anymore, as the lessons are updated every so often. To reiterate what a lot of people have said: I think it’s a great resource for learning pronunciation in a more natural fashion. It’s not a great resource for learning to speak truly fluent [insert language here].

On the other hand, if you’re a planning a vacation to another country, and you want a primer on basic phrases to avoid looking like an idiot tourist, Pimsleur is pretty good for that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.