Answering Radicals

The names for the radicals are certainly helpful for remembering mnemonics, but I don’t like how only the mnemonic names are acceptable for answering the radical names. We should be able to use the actual meaning or Japanese name of the radicals as acceptable answers. I’m sure the staff is already familiar with their names and meanings, but here are some resources for those not in the know Here or Here . Personally, I’m not sure how hard this would be to implement, but I’d very much be interested in seeing it done.

P.S. I am aware that many of Wanikani’s names line up with, or relate to the actual radical meanings.

1 Like

You can - just enter them as synonyms

2 Likes

This matter has been discussed in many different places on this forum already, so I don’t think there’s much to gain by starting a new discussion and have the same people give the same arguments again.

Just search “radicals” and you’ll find a number of threads you can read to see what the community thinks about this.

1 Like

Having these be invisible synonyms by default is one of the many promised radical changes that will happen sometime after the WK office on Mars opens.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.