Aaaaarrrrrggghhhh that review timer is murder

i started yesterday. i just want to progress and progress and progress but the thing won’t let me aaaaarrrrrggghhhh that is all.

13 Likes

I’m the opposite right now, I wish the reviews would chill for a min, arrrrggghhh

37 Likes

Currently, I get around 200 reviews a day. Forecast is 1400+ reviews in the next fortnight - not couting new lessons I’ll be adding in that time.

Keep doing lessons and reviews when you can, and it’ll speed up. Promise.

In the meantime, there are a lot of resources here in the community for kanji, grammar, reading and listening. A lack of available WK activity does not equate to a lack of learning opportunity! ^^

Stick with it!

21 Likes

Patience, grasshopper.

12 Likes

BTW also, “leaf” looks like a gun at least as much as “gun” :grimacing:

17 Likes

It starts off slow, but it’s a trick!

1 Like

Just remember this gun has an extremely prominent hammer. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

A really helpful tip I read somewhere else on here is to think of the leaf as a lily pad, so you’d see the top being flat with the stem sticking out at the bottom :slight_smile:
(sorry for the double comment this is my first and i got confused whoops)

10 Likes

In the mean time, you could study grammar, maybe?

source

Please do this. Don’t make the same mistake as me. Right now you have the luxury of not having hundreds of reviews every time you blink.

13 Likes

Also, welcome to the forums.:smiley:

yeah… I still have to work on my katakana anyway…
タクヌ シツ メナ ンソ
:cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat:

3 Likes

These are lessons.
:weary::weary::weary:

11 Likes

Try Kitsun, you can use their katakana deck while you wait. After just 50-100 words you’ll notice a difference.

1 Like

Yup…
31%20PM
Yup…
I’m right there with you…

5 Likes

If only I could get my apprentice and guru counts low enough to only have 200 reviews a day.

1 Like

Hush, do not wish too much, or the crabigator will come to take you. Well, it will come, anyway.

1 Like

lol. And then you get like 6 or 7 levels in and feel like this

20 Likes

I find it pretty slow at start as well. But as many people have already said, it should be much better soon

3 Likes

My problem is that I have a bunch of lessons that I reeeeally want to do, but I don’t have enough time to stop and do them. I mean they’re just sitting there… mocking me. But I know that if I try to start them when I don’t have the time to actually, you know, learn them, I’m not going to comprehend anything new. It’s beyond frustrating. I’m hungry for more, darn it, and I can’t get my fix.

1 Like