A diary from level 1 to level 60

2 Likes

yeah man I actually really like Hank, like he’s so kinda… steoreotype guy

2 Likes

Sunday, January 24

just realized there are ~100 level 60 vocabs and kanjis items left…
sighhh
anyway 0/0 is a vanilla sweet spot.
and the JLPT result will come out tomorrow OMGGG

jk I know I fail epically already sigh…

2 Likes

And also there will be level 59 vocabulary that you will unlock as well.

And I’m sure you did great on the JLPT (N1 I assume?)

well I know that I fail epically already.
but anyway somehow I mess up with my score check and have to wait another 1 hour sigh.
too bad that people said the test was kinda easy but I didn’t prepare much arggg (so I expect the fail result)
oh and you are at level 53 now :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I’m level 54 in 22 hours as well. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

January 26, 2021

Probably I will level up to the final level tomorrow.

Thought? well not much, actually I begin to appreciate my journey with Wanikani more than the fact that I will be at level 60. Though 60 is a good sign showing that your work with kanjis are significant lesser from now on, and you have the confidence to fully immerse in Japanese (well we can do it way earlier but you know having an official thing saying that I kinda know 2000 kanjis and their 4000 related vocabs really boost the confidence)

One thing starts to bother me recently is that my memory retention (which is the correct percentage) is remarkably worse. I got about 60~70 percent and some time even 50 percent correctness. Most of the time would be ~ 73 percent. Maybe I need to focus more on the quality of reviewing (that actually learn the items that I got wrong rather than just tried to input the correct answer I found out to pass that item quickly). It really matters now. Guess I still have ~100 items to learn before really complete wanikani (aka just doing reviews).

So, long road is still ahead, but knowing 60 is coming is really some shine on rainy day.

7 Likes

January 27, 2021

I reach the cake.
aka level 60 xD
edit: well please free free to join the party here

17 Likes

YEEEESSSSS! Congrats, @aanhlle! :tada:
That was one hell of a ride; I’m glad you made it until the end :slight_smile:

4 Likes

yeah it took me some time well…
thank friend, I’m really happy that we can meet at level 60. though I’m still wishing to reach your Japanese level one day…

ps: I featured you in my level 60 post if you don’t mind xD

2 Likes

Awesome! Well done!

2 Likes

My only trick is that I kept studying for 15+ years. Saying (or more accurately writing) it out loud makes me realise that there are some WK users that were not born when I started studying Japanese.

Not at all! I’m glad I had a positive impact.
Just remember it’s not the end :wink:

4 Likes

January 28, 2021

future me here, it’s not always going as we expected but yeah here we are at level 60!
The diary will continue until I think I have fulfilled my kanji endeavor with wk xD

Think that I would learn 10 lessons today as apprentice items are manageable now.

6 Likes

1 Like

January 29, 2021

today I learn about 20 new vocabs.
will try to learn some more if I can.

4 Likes

January 30, 2021

Just sat through ~140 reviews.
a bit empty feeling inside I don’t know why…

5 Likes

Oh crazy wanikani-vacation week.
I’m still having some lessons to finish.
Lunar New Year is coming so I guess it’s time to clear all these items with the holiday.

Happy studying!

3 Likes

February 9

4 Likes

So a new lunar year is coming in just few minutes. Kinda 4 years since I started this topic. Hella yeah this year I finally made it to 60!
However I’m well informed that my journey with Japanese, particularly with wk hasn’t ended yet.

I wish everyone happy and goodluck in the new year to come!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.