29 Kanji of level 60 learned

It took me much more time to finish the 60 levels, almost 4 years. May be the wanikani community is much younger (and english native speaker) and learns quickly but it is not my case as I just retired from work 6 months ago.
I would be interested if other long timer have also spend a long time to go to level 60.
But now, I think I need 6 more months to finish and burn the 1500 items that are still in the learning. I wanted to be able to read a japanese novel and it is time to try again to read 中島京子 小さいおうち。

32 Likes

Congratulations! :slight_smile: Wish you good luck with your reading :grin:

3 Likes

Congratulations and happy retirement!

(I’m on year 8 on Wanikani and I’m not even close to halfway…)

2 Likes

Congratulations!

I’m not in level 60 yet, but I am quite slow.
I’m on WaniKani since March 2018, and I’m only level 41. It’s been almost two and a half years since I joined.
And English isn’t my native language either, so the levels are getting harder and I tackle many English words I’m unfamiliar with.

2 Likes

Congratulations :slight_smile:
Don’t worry there are tons of slower going people here in WK too. At least that is the impression I got from the people on the forum when there were threads about the level up speed.

I’ve used Wanikani for about year now and I am level 24 (as of today) so if I stick to that speed I’ll need about 3 years to finish Wanikani completely. But that is if I manage to keep up the pace and I don’t think I’ll manage this since a big reason why I managed to level up so quickly were the last six months where I cut my average level up speed in half because Corona gave me lots of free time to do my reviews and concentrate on that.

2 Likes

Well done! I was set to complete in two years and a couple months, but then I reset from 51 back to 1 and added another year at least to my completion time.

1 Like

Congratulations!! :confetti_ball: :tada: :partying_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.