☀ 2026 Summer Solstice 24-hour Readathon

I’m done with two volumes of マッシュル―MASHLE― 1 | L24 . Total reading time on my timer is 02:21:11 now.

I had to text-to-speech the author’s notes because he kept doing the in handwriting. I can barely recognize kanji in print, handwriting is evil!

Time for a watermelon break and then I’ll start 魔法少女ダンデライオン | L23 for my bingo board :slight_smile:

Tsubasa Chronicles volume 1 is done! 2 hours, 1 minute, and 41 seconds, 190 pages. That’s about my speed when reading on my tablet, so I’m pretty happy with that time seeing as I’m reading a physical copy. I did minimal lookups, just when I felt a word was important enough, it really wasn’t that bad without Yomitan!

I’ll be calling it here, I feel like I read a decent bit for being on vacation. I get the feeling that the summer readathons will always be my off season because of that lol. I’ll be back in the Fall with a vengence against my Spring record :fire:

The book was so good btw, I’m excited to read more when I get back home.

:deciduous_tree: :hibiscus: :pouting_cat: Catwithcookiesandtea Summer Hideout :shortcake: :cookie: :hot_beverage:

It’s a dark and rainy sort of Friday so I might as well get started on my reading.

:books: My Reading List:

  • 天狗童子
  • SPYxFAMILY
  • 魔法騎士レイアース
  • 俺物語

:bar_chart: Prior Readathon Stats:

+18 pages, 25 minutes

Goooood morning readathoners! :sun: Last night I squeezed in a bit more reading with Yakumo before closing my eyes, so here’s that update. Now I’ve roused myself, poured some coffee, and I have 4 and a half hours until my time is up, so I better start reading!!

You’re so right.

@KrokiSan it looks like one of your posts got automatically hidden by the forum’s spam filter! :tired_face: Sorry about that, it wasn’t the community flagging you, just an overexcited robot. I think that happens when a new user posts a link.

I plan to participate, but haven’t worked out if that’s Saturday, Saturday into Sunday, or Sunday into Monday. I have a probably commitment Sunday morning which is in the way!

I probably won’t read a massive amount as I need to pack for a trip to Japan leaving next week, but will do what I can. Probably mostly catching up - I will try to tackle バター if 8 can!

read one chapter, had a little break, read another
(i then spent the next half hour trying to figure out how to center in this stupid thing with no luck)
now i’m wanting breakfast, but what to have? :thinking:

+19 pages, 30 minutes

Another chapter of Moomin to start the day! :comet: Now I’ll eat a little breakfast and choose my next read for the morning.

The forum takes html so you can use <div align="center"> (your image here) </div>

thank you!
ugh, i don’t know why html has so many different ways of centering things that only work in specific situations :unamused_face:

I started reading at 9:30AM EST 6/19/26.

So far this morning I’ve read one chapter and made it to page 42. I have some questions and observations so far:

  • If humans can become tengu by donning a special raincoat and tengu can become human by removing their coats, what are tengu really? Ryohei is convinced that Kuroumaru was originally a human child who was changed into a tengu, while Kuroumaru believes he was always a Tengu. Where do tengu come from???

  • Kuroumaru seems to have a somatic experience after playing a flute duet with Ryohei and is disturbed by his human-like emotions and wants to return to being a tengu because he doesn’t want to become a human. Ryohei plots to burn his raincoat so he can’t turn back. Has Ryohei become attached to Kuroumaru or does he just hate tengu?

  • Tengu can fly freely wherever they desire and live without the burden of human emotions. Is it better to be a tengu?

Started reading around 6:30PM JST. Read 125 pages to complete volume 1 of 安達としまむら. It took me 2 hours and 50 minutes. Reading physically and with a dictionary took a lot longer than I expected. I am not sure I’ll have the energy or time to read the first volume of IDOL×IDOL STORY!tomorrow. For now my brain is fried!

+13 pages, 35 minutes

Finished a chapter of Naruse! And it looks like I’ve finished the story, because the last chapter looks like a travel diary written by the author. I’ll go ahead and read that too for completion’s sake.

I read “The Mouse Bride”.
It has 16 pages and
I read it in 3 hours, 15 minutes.
That’s nearly 5 pagesc
an hour, a record for me.
The grammar was easy but
I did have to lool up
vocabulary.


+12 pages, 15 minutes

Book finished!! :tada:

And I’m back! (Thanks, moderators!)

It’s 7 pm local time, my timer is on 5:23:28 and I’ve read 6 volumes so far.

My goal was to read stuff from my bingo plans because that collection had 135 volumes this morning. For one of the squares I was supposed to read only vol 1 and be done, but now I’m buying more volumes to continue that series and my bingo modifier says “read all owned volumes if it’s manga”. Why does this keep happening to my TBR :joy:

I finished the last few pages of volume 1. It was a pain to look up so many new vocab, feels like when I just started reading with Sailor Moon last year. :pouting_cat:

1.5hr of reading so far. I think I’ll pick up something easier after lunch.

go go go… have some cookies for dessert!!!

+38 pages, 50 minutes

Finished a book which means I get to start a book! This really drew me in and I wanted to keep reading, but I might pause for a tiny break before my last reading session. I only need 25 more minutes of reading to reach my goal of 7 hours!

Alright, I had some plans for today but due to Dumb Things, they fell through. Starting now at 1pm-ish Friday. I don’t have any interesting snacks for reading to show off, sorry!

+20 pages, 25 minutes

And with 10 minutes left until my 24-hour deadline, I’ve exactly made my goal of 7 hours!! :tada: I might keep reading this book today even though my time is up, because I want to finish the first story :joy: we’ll see!

Now, time to make my results post, eat some lunch, then get ready to cheer on all the other readers for the rest of the weekend!

Total Time: 02:07:02
Got a bit more reading done last night and this morning.
ふらいんぐういっち vol.2 → 109
おじさまと猫 vol.1 → 51

I’m itching to pick up 帰命寺横丁の夏 now that the new week’s thread has opened up :eyes: