šŸ“† Hobonichi 2022惻Translating a quote a day

Hello fellow Hobonichi lover! Iā€™ve been intimidated with translating the quotes because it seems like itā€™s way above my reading level right now. If you donā€™t mind, though, I may try and translate the weeks quotes alongside you?

Making myself a vocab list:
Hobonichi Weeks Vocabulary

November

Week 45

I really like theater, there was a period of time when I watched a lot; however, upon returning home, I wanted to be able to play it back in my head.
But, I could not play it back perfectly the same. The show is not a ā€œrecordā€ but rather a ā€œmemoryā€.
Thatā€™s why, I wonder if itā€™s my job to leave behind within peopleā€™s heads that ability to repeat a phrase or a scene or an actorā€™s facial expression after leaving the theater.

Week 46

Work is becoming more and more mechanized, and the reality is my time in not coming around.
However, at one time, I had a feeling where I thought I could change this if I worked hard.
In front of my work desk, in big letters with bold markers, I wrote, ā€œChances are tribulationsā€.
Until my daughter pointed out my mistake, I hadnā€™t realizedā€¦
that the ā€œchanceā€ written down on the resolution had folded over [leaving the ā€œtribulationā€].

Week 48

Shoud I try singing for my own sake? I had that feeling. Yes, itā€™s not for anyone else. I sing for myself.

1 Like