šŸ“† Hobonichi 2022惻Translating a quote a day

Hello fellow Hobonichi lover! I’ve been intimidated with translating the quotes because it seems like it’s way above my reading level right now. If you don’t mind, though, I may try and translate the weeks quotes alongside you?

Making myself a vocab list:
Hobonichi Weeks Vocabulary

November

Week 45

I really like theater, there was a period of time when I watched a lot; however, upon returning home, I wanted to be able to play it back in my head.
But, I could not play it back perfectly the same. The show is not a ā€œrecordā€ but rather a ā€œmemoryā€.
That’s why, I wonder if it’s my job to leave behind within people’s heads that ability to repeat a phrase or a scene or an actor’s facial expression after leaving the theater.

Week 46

Work is becoming more and more mechanized, and the reality is my time in not coming around.
However, at one time, I had a feeling where I thought I could change this if I worked hard.
In front of my work desk, in big letters with bold markers, I wrote, ā€œChances are tribulationsā€.
Until my daughter pointed out my mistake, I hadn’t realized…
that the ā€œchanceā€ written down on the resolution had folded over [leaving the ā€œtribulationā€].

Week 48

Shoud I try singing for my own sake? I had that feeling. Yes, it’s not for anyone else. I sing for myself.