🐉 極主夫道 ・The Way of the Househusband, Volume 1 (Beginner Book Club)

I’ll try. i also noticed that even if I put my address in japan, the billing address is still from the place I’m from so maybe that’s the problem

3 Likes

Haha, I had just edited my first reply to confirm that was the case. That is how it should be. The billing address does need to match the payment method’s real billing address, so that shouldn’t be the issue.

2 Likes

My friend who speaks Korean suggests: 씨발 (copy and pasted). Pronunciation sounds kind of like Shibai/シバイ, as opposed to やばい, but is similar…
Actual romanization: ssibal

It also comes off as more vulgar when translated to English, hence the spoiler tags. I’m not sure how offensive it is, exactly, so figure it’s better to be safe. :sweat_smile:

Edit: He offered a 2nd, not as vulgar, option: 대박. It sounds even further away, though: Daeba/デイば is how it hits my ear. Actual romanization: daebag (Note: I was in fact butchering it. Actual romanizations added.)

3 Likes

Gosh i remember trying to buy from amazon jp for kindle, i remember finding it really tough. I don’t really advice but I’m wishing you luck.

3 Likes

oh and before i can back out and turn back to my lurking ways. i’ll also be joining the the book club for this next one!

8 Likes

For anyone not having bought the book yet, there’s a 55% coin back at Bookwalker until the 8th of the month.

9 Likes

I never got that message. I was able to buy volumes 1-5 with Amazon JP. Were you able to buy other e-books before with Amazon JP?

Currently I heard that Amazon JP is asking those who just sign in to provide a (Japanese) phone number to help with log in security. When I signed, the phone number was not required and I have been declining to add one.

2 Likes

What is the time zone for this book schedule?

2 Likes

Usually it’s JPN, and the date starts at midnight, meaning the first chapters thread should be there soon.

4 Likes

it was my first time buying e-books from Amazon jp. i don’t remember if it asked me to put a Japanese number, but I’m sure i didn’t put one. now I’m trying to use a VPN maybe it’ll help

Edit: nope the VPN didn’t help

2 Likes

My timezone is GMT+1 and I was planning to post the threads Saturday morning local time, I never noticed these schedules were following the JPN timezone, sorry! :sweat_smile: I hope no one’s too upset about waiting a bit longer since Friday evenings tend to be busy for me and I can’t make any promises to get the thread up by then.

9 Likes

Sounds to me like this gives eager readers time to populate the vocabulary spreadsheet on Friday, in advance of the thread going up Saturday =D

7 Likes

My timezone is GMT-8 and for the advanced book club pick currently running, I’ve just considered any time when it’s the day somewhere in the world as a valid time to post the new thread, demonstrating zero consistency whatsoever within that block…

So I think it’s fine, or at least you’re in good company!

10 Likes

If anyone has a problem with it, they have to deal with this guy:

And even if they don’t have a problem with it, they still have to deal with this guy. For at least the next six weeks.

16 Likes

To be fair, I get the impression dealing with たつ would ultimately turn out to be an extremely pleasant experience!

Having to deal with the guy from Panorama Island though…

6 Likes

I’ve been days late on posting threads, I wouldn’t sweat it

5 Likes

You’re all too sweet :two_hearts: It’s official then - threads will usually be going up roughly Saturday morning GMT :smiley:

7 Likes
Amazon Support

At this point, I would check that your card is actually allowed to purchase overseas. Some banks/cards put a restriction and don’t allow you to do so, so you might check the terms and see if that’s the issue.

After looking into it a little more, these are the things that would cause the revise payment message with Amazon, so you might just run down this list and see if anything jumps out at you:

• Card number/expiration date/security code are incorrect
  • Card is past the expiration date
  • Billing address does not match the correct billing address for the card in some way (most common, if you’re in the States/Canada, would be a mixed up zip/postal code, given how many locations have multiple zip/postal codes even within the same city)
  • Sometimes banks won’t allow a payment to go through if you don’t have a phone number tied to the account that matches the phone number on file with the bank; I don’t have this issue, as I don’t have a phone number tied to my JP account, but it’s worth checking, anyway
  • You’ve hit a daily/weekly/monthly spending limit on the account that was set up by you or the bank
  • Some banks/cards don’t allow purchases outside their country, as mentioned above; if you have another card, give that a shot, or check the terms to see if you are not allowed to do so

And just for posterity, here is a guide on purchasing from Amazon Jp that might point out something that I’m missing. I’m just offering suggestions because I’ve never really had any issues purchasing from Amazon. :sweat_smile:

Also, hiding it in a dropdown so it’s not too obtrusive on the board. I’m sorry about hijacking the thread a little bit!

2 Likes

Noticed this thread just in time :smile_cat: Loved the anime, so should give the manga a shot! Looking forward to reading it with y’all!

5 Likes

I’ve spent all afternoon trying to make it work but still no progress. my card should be able to purchase overseas since it’s a Visa. I’ve also tried to remove the card from the payment method and put it again several times, checking the numbers etc. it’s not even past the expiration date or near it, still a few years to go by for that. checked the zip code too and it’s correct. i haven’t hit the limit on my card since it’s the second payment that i did on this card since the last one was past the expiration date. I’ve bought a few things oversease with my last card (that was the same as the one i have now) and never had any problems. i don’t know what to try anymore😭 but this month i should get another card so at this point I’ll try with that one later, but i don’t think it’ll solve the problem since it’s another visa, the only thing that changes is that it’s for students. thanks for the info anyway!

3 Likes