🐉 極主夫道 ・The Way of the Househusband, Volume 1 (Beginner Book Club)

I actually just double-checked, and I do have my phone number tied to “residential address” or whatever the term is that Amazon uses for the main Japanese address for digital purchases. I don’t remember adding one, but I also set this up a long time ago, so forgetting that I did so would be pretty on-brand for my memory. If you don’t have your (actual) phone number tied to that address, that might be the source of the issue. Other than that, I’m afraid I’m also out of ideas, and hopefully somebody else who has actually had the issue can help you out!

2 Likes

just checked too since i was trying to edit the address and i always had my actual phone number so I don’t think that’s the issue…

1 Like

Oh just another idea: You might want to call your bank and check back with them… I just remembered that my card got blocked a few times when I started a new behavior, like buying stuff in a different country… Nowadays banks run a gazillion sanity checks against your transactions for fraud prevention purposes. I find it to be very effective (saved me a number of times with my old card) but it can be annoying when you’re trying to get a legit payment through… Good luck!

5 Likes

thanks! I’ll definitely try that since at this point it’s the last thing left to do

3 Likes

Yay! Already two non-Wanikani kanji: 潰 and 忽 ! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

On page 15, regarding カ所 isn’t the “relevant meaning for the context”: counter for places instead of “place; area”?

6 Likes

If you mean vocab spreadsheet, feel free to edit (it was not my entry, but in general, if you notice a typo and confident, just fix it).

5 Likes

Well, that wasn’t nearly as much of a struggle as I expected. Jisho’s drawing function helps a lot for the kanji I don’t know :slight_smile:

The way I read it it’s counting places he smashed up, so yes, I’d say so.

6 Likes

So, if you all hate it, feel free to undo it, but I went ahead and added the “alternating colors” formatting to the vocabulary sheet.

I find it’s generally a little easier on the eyes to read when every other line alternates colors, and makes it a little bit easier to “find your place,” so to speak, when looking back and forth between the sheet and the book. It also had the side-effect of removing the color from the cells that were filled in on the page column; if there was a purpose to that, I apologize!

8 Likes

yeah i tried to edit it when I put it but i think it didn’t save it

4 Likes

And we’re live! :grin:

Thank you! I think it’s much easier on the eyes as well.

6 Likes

Oh heck, I just realized we already started and you guys are already way ahead of the game :joy:

6 Likes

I’m actually on schedule for once! Wonder how long I’ll keep it up :joy:

6 Likes

On page 24, what is the meaning of 一本一本?

I took the rest of the sentence to be about the quality of the knife being high quality, like craftsman quality.

4 Likes

My interpretation is that 本 is being used as a counter for knives. 一本一本 would be “one by one” (the knives) are made carefully by artisans.

7 Likes

That’s my interpretation as well. The sentence continues in the next bubble - こちらの包丁職人が一本一本丁寧に仕上げておりまして (and he’s interrupted there). He’s describing experts carefully putting the finishing touches on the knives one by one.

8 Likes

Ah! I get it! Thanks for the explanation!

4 Likes

Welcome to week 2 everyone! :smiley

8 Likes

week 2? :scream: forgot week 1

8 Likes

In the first post of the weekly threads I’ve collected several references that people posted for easy reference, especially those regarding dialects, I think these will come in handy week after week :smiley:

10 Likes