鬼滅の刃ーDemon Slayer Book Club

@Catherine670

i thought we could make this a book club for anyone who wants to read demon slayer together
we can decide on a pace and a time to start after we decide how many people are joining

also @trunklayer you liked my post so idk if you wanna be tagged or not

if you wanna join but don’t know if it’ll work choose yes but elaborate below ig

First 3 pages

Some pages from the middle

13 Likes
  • i’d like to join
  • i’ll stay out of this one

0 voters

@Catherine670
@trunklayer

just so you don’t miss this post

also since people don’t seem to be doing it, remember to write your name in post #5 if you vote yes

2 Likes

I’m currently reading Demon Slayer, so when the book club pops up I’ll certainly drop by :grin:

2 Likes

i think maybe we can start deciding on a schedule at this point if you’re all okay with it? @Catherine670 is maybe doing it, not sure abt @trunklayer, so that’s like six or seven members. i’ll make the first post a wiki

2 Likes

Wonderful! I think this is my first time reading with a book club…

I think we should wait for some time like around 2-3 days and see if anyone else joins. Once everyone who wants to read along comes by, we can create a schedule. :slight_smile:
For now it is,

denji
Bruniac
latepotato
BIsTheAnswer
Papasteveo
Catherine670
chaseburns
Vanessa-san
studybug
Dawson1990
guiljb
re_Shambles
Tigress1
sycamore

If anyone else wants to join, you can add yourself here.

4 Likes

yeah, that’s a good idea, the manga’s not gonna be here for a couple weeks anyway, it’s coming all the way from japan

1 Like

Oh, cool!
Should I add some sample pages and stuff?

1 Like

yeah, definitely

1 Like

Okay, I’ll edit it in the first post.

@denji Is that fine?

1 Like

it’s beautiful

1 Like

@anon12500920 san @Catherine670 san

1. You can start the book club (add this thread to the master list of book clubs).
  2. Keep the start date as 3-4 weeks from the current date.
  3. As you post and interact, this thread will stay at the top and more people will join in.
  4. You might want to convert the first post to a Wiki. If you don’t want to, then convert post 4 to wiki and add the members in the wiki as they add up. (I know you have a poll in post 2, but it will make your life easier to have all the usernames spelled out in a wiki)

Pro tip: Anytime you make a topic thread, create three place holder posts right after the intro/header post. This will give you wiggle room to add things and provides easier access to other folks. It is cleaner to separate things into multiple posts.

KnY is a popular series. I am confident there will be more people who would want to join. You can look at other book clubs (from the master list) and see how they did things and follow the same pattern or make tweaks.

@Stay_coolXD Kuuru san, this club might be something that could pique your interest :grin:

Good luck with your book club Denji and Catherine san :slight_smile:

Note: Everything mentioned above is general advice. Feel free to ignore it if that doesn’t fit your goal. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

that’s all really good advice, thanks! i think we have those posts wiki’d, and i’ll add it to the master list! this is shaping up better than i thought

2 Likes

@Catherine670, how difficult would you say this is? i’ve never read it so i wouldn’t know, but you probably do

3 Likes

@Catherine670 i added it to the list

1 Like

Indeed. Indeed. だが
I read the whole series a while back :sweat_smile:
I might keep an eye on it. Thanks @KyokaJiro 先輩

3 Likes

Hi there, folks! This will be my first book club so I’d like to ask how it works.
Is it @anon12500920 provides the pages then we read them and discuss the content?

またね!

1 Like

so basically you buy the book (i’m getting it shipped from japan but you can find it online), and then we all read with a schedule and talk about it, like if we have any questions, or just talking about the story

1 Like

Alright then. I’ll look for a way to purchase a digital copy for me ^^
Thanks for the info.
Looking forward to beginning it.

1 Like

i have the books coming on monday, so i’m thinking we could play it by ear till then and then have a progress check?

@Catherine670 any thoughts?

and remember if you vote yes in the first post then make sure to add yourself in post #5

1 Like

@Bruniac , @latepotato , @BIsTheAnswer , @Papasteveo , @chaseburns , @anon45600167 , @anon12500920 , @studybug , @Dawson1990

Have you gotten the manga?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

For those who chose “No”, when will the manga arrive?
  • 2021-06-21T04:00:00Z
  • 2021-06-23T04:00:00Z
  • 2021-06-25T04:00:00Z
  • 2021-06-27T04:00:00Z
  • Just-want-to-click-something-option

0 voters

I think waiting till Sunday is okay, but we can’t afford to wait much longer. What do you think @anon12500920 ?

1 Like