老女的少女ひなたちゃん・Little Granny Girl Hinata-chan Offshoot club - now reading volume 3

Welcome to the 老女的少女ひなたちゃん・Little Granny Girl Hinata-chan offshoot book club!

This is an offshoot club for 老女的少女ひなたちゃん - we read volume 1 with the Absolute Beginners Book Club

If you want to take part, just buy the book and join in the discussion! We also recommend setting this thread to ‘watching’ so that you get notified when the discussion threads are posted.

Where to buy

Physical: Amazon | CD Japan
Digital: Kindle | Bookwalker

Schedule

Volume 2

Schedule
Week # Date Chapter Page #s Pages
1 22nd June 10 3-20 18
2 29th June 11 21-39 18
3 6th July 12 40-58 19
4 13th July 13 59-76 18
5 20th July 14 77-94 18
6 27th July 15 95-112 18
7 3rd August 16 113-132 20
8 10th August 17 133-150 18
9 17th August 18 151-169 19
10 24th August おまけ 170-174 4

Volume 3

Schedule
Week # Date Chapter Page #s Pages
Week 1 7th September Chapter 19 3-20 18
Week 2 14th September Chapter 20 21-38 18
Week 3 21st September Chapter 21 39-56 18
Week 4 28th September Chapter 22 57-76 20
Week 5 5th October Chapter 23 77-94 18
Week 6 12th October Chapter 24 95-112 18
Week 7 19th October Chapter 25 113-132 20
Week 8 26th October 前日 133-176 44
Week 9 2nd November おまけ? 177-190 14

Vocabulary

Left blank for now! Will add later (probably)

Please read the guidelines on the first page before adding any words.

Discussion Guidelines

Spoiler Courtesy

Please follow these rules to avoid inadvertent ネタバレ. If you’re unsure whether something should have a spoiler tag, err on the side of using one.

1. Any potential spoiler for the current week’s reading need only be covered by a spoiler tag. Predictions and conjecture made by somebody who has not read ahead still falls into this category.
  2. Any potential spoilers for external sources need to be covered by a spoiler tag and include a label (outside of the spoiler tag) of what might be spoiled. These include but are not limited to: other book club picks, other books, games, movies, anime, etc. I recommend also tagging the severity of the spoiler (for example, I may still look at minor spoilers for something that I don’t intend to read soon).
  3. Any information from later in the book than the current week’s reading (including trigger warnings that haven’t yet manifested) needs to be hidden by spoiler tags and labeled as coming from later sections.
Instructions for Spoiler Tags

Click the cog above the text box and use either the “Hide Details” or “Blur Spoiler” options. The text which says “This text will be hidden” should be replaced with what you are wishing to write. In the case of “Hide Details”, the section in the brackets that is labelled “Summary” can be replaced with whatever you like also (i.e, [details=”Chapter 1, Pg. 1”]).

Hide Details results in the dropdown box like below:

Example

This is an example of the “Hide Details” option.

The “Blur Spoiler” option will simply blur the text it surrounds.

This is an example of the “Blur Spoiler” option.

Posting Advice

• When asking for help, please mention the page number, and check before posting that your question hasn’t already been asked. As the threads get longer, it becomes more convenient to use the Search function, which is located in the upper right corner of the forum. It is the magnifying glass which is near your profile picture! The best way to search is usually to type part of the sentence you are confused about, and select “in this topic”. This will show you all posts within the current thread which has that string of text.

• Be sure to join the conversation! It’s fun, and it’s what keeps these book clubs lively! There’s no such thing as a stupid question! We are all learning here, and if the question has crossed your mind, there’s a very good chance it has crossed somebody else’s also! Asking and answering questions is a great learning opportunity for everyone involved, so never hesitate to do so!

Membership

[poll name = membership type=regular results=always public=true chartType=bar]

Will you be reading with us?

• Yes
  • Yes, but I might start late
  • Maybe
  • No
    [/poll]

[poll name = version type=regular results=always public=true chartType=bar]

Which version will you be reading?

• eBook
  • Paperback
    [/poll]

[poll name = start type=regular results=always public=true chartType=bar]

When would you prefer to start reading book 2?

• Next week (Saturday 15th June)
  • 2 weeks from now (Saturday 22th June)
  • 3 weeks from now (Saturday 29th June)
  • Other
    [/poll]

[poll name = schedule type=regular results=always public=true chartType=bar]

What is your preferred schedule for book 2?

• 1 chapter per week
  • 2 chapters per week
  • Other
    [/poll]

Don’t forget to set this thread to Watching in order to be notified when weekly updates get posted!

5 Likes

I’m a definite maybe.

Volume one didn’t really catch my interest, but I feel like it’d be difficult to carry “slice of life of a granny kid” for 11 volumes. That leaves me curious where the series is planning to go with the whole “reincarnation with memories” thing. Will it become a central plot, or will it just be an occasional thing?

2 Likes

The current or upcoming volume is #1, or #2?

Upcoming volume is volume 2. I’ll start a new thread for that once the starting date etc is decided.

If you do want to start from volume 1, the book club for that has just concluded so you should still get a response if you post in the threads for that one.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat, just slightly interested. I’ll see how I feel about the new clubs starting this week and if neither catches my interest more I’ll probably join this one

1 Like

The first book hasn’t really caught me but it’s enjoyable enough that i might carry on and join in. I am a bit behind (still have 70pgs left to finish the first volume). But I should be fine for the start date on the 22nd.
I’m very bad at completing things though (bookclubs especially) so it would be nice to prove i can do it at least once.

3 Likes

Ok, just finished book one! I’ll be all ready to join in on book two. :blush:
I do have pretty intense work on the weekend’s though so I probably won’t be to check back until Monday.

2 Likes

That’s ok - I just got home from work, forgot what day it was and haven’t even started the thread :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

And I’ve done (most of) a volume 2 thread!

4 Likes

I’m planning to continue to volume 3, and I think we have enough interest to continue as a club.

I would be happy to go straight into volume 3 but am flexible, and will actually be partway through a tour of Mongolia on 31/8, so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to post a thread on that day.

Will you be reading volume 3 with us?
  • Yes
  • Yes, but I might start late
  • Maybe
  • No
0 voters
Which version will you be reading?
  • eBook
  • Paperback
0 voters
When would you prefer to start reading book 3?
  • No break (Saturday 31st August)
  • 1 week break (Saturday 7th September)
  • 2 week break (Saturday 14th September)
  • Other
0 voters
What is your preferred schedule for book 3?
  • 1 chapter per week
  • 2 chapters per week
  • Other
0 voters
3 Likes

Volume 3 is up!

2 Likes