獣の奏者 (Kemono no Souja) Home Thread

You are gonna join us quickly.

1 Like

It’s a great read, hope you can catch up soon!

1 Like

I’ll try my best, but that feels very ambitious right now.

2 Likes

Just see how it goes, maybe it’s easier than you think! (Or maybe not, then please don’t feel pressurized!)

But if it turns out to be manageable: you will notice that not each chapter is of the same length, so maybe you can give yourself a bit of a headstart in the shorter ones, and you will be able to slowly and steadily catch up. We will be reading this and the following volume until about the end of the year, so there’s a lot of time.

(And don’t worry, even if you’re slightly behind, people will still answer your questions if you post them in the threads.)

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m mostly done with part 1 but that had the Easter holidays advantage…On the other hand this is the first novel I’ve tried reading and I feel like I’ve gotten used to literary style even over the course of that.

We’ll see what happens…

2 Likes

I’m behind, but hopefully I’ll be caught up by tomorrow.

5 Likes

Thank you for confirming that. :slight_smile: I’m toward the end of chapter 2, thinking “wait I don’t remember any of this; did it just fly over my head back in the days or am I already in new territory?”
I guess it flew straight over my head (not that surprising to be honest)

3 Likes
2 Likes

I put up a schedule for book 2, assuming we always do one chapter a week. There are some weird chapter sizes towards the end of the book, so we could combine some weeks if we want. It may not be worth it just to save a week or two though, especially since the two shortest chapters are surrounded by two 26 page chapters. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Regarding the start date, everyone voted for “little to no break” after book one. I’m going to assume that means no break between books, unless a lot of people say they want a one week break. That means the tentative start date for book two is June 13th.

6 Likes

We still have a lot of time left. I too used to read books in 8-9 weeks. It’s good for me. I have more than enough time to buy book 2.

Not sure I got all the combining chapter thingy, but I don’t mind having a longer week or shorter week for before of the chapter different length.

Is it in the OP? If so I’ll check it out tomorrow since I’m on mobile now. :slight_smile:

As for the break between books, as I recall we had the options ‘little to no break (up to one week)’ and ‘a longer break’ of unspecified duration. I’m pretty used to a week’s break, and I wouldn’t mind it this time either! And so I voted for option number 1. I’m not too fussed with no break either, but I imagine a lot of us might have defaulted with the bookclub 1 week break in mind.

That’s fine. I can put up a proper poll for zero or one week break if you want. And yeah, the schedule is in the OP.

1 Like

Thanks for the schedule! Looks good to me. If anything, we might consider combining week 25 + 26, but then again, it’s not really worth breaking the nice rhythm of one chapter a week. Plus, it will be around Christmas, so people might be busy with holiday stuff. So I think I‘d leave it like this. :+1:

1 Like
1 Like

Earlier we decided to take little to no break between books. So does that mean no break or a one week break?

• No break (start June 13th)
  • One week break (start June 20th)
  • No preference

0 voters

1 Like

Short chapter this week. Only 10 pages!

4 Likes

Is it too late to join? I got the books years ago, after watching the anime, but never got passed the first volume… hoping that reading with a group my give me more motivation. :thinking:

1 Like

It’s only “too late” in that we’re nearly done the first volume. But you’re more than welcome to catch up and join us later or jump right in in the middle whenever you want.

1 Like

I just found out that I can’t remember where I put the books! :scream:
I’ll try to jump in as soon as I can find them… :disappointed:
iirc, I was almost done with the first volume, so it might not be that bad. :smiley:

5 Likes

We’re in the home stretch now!

1 Like