涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 Home Thread (Intermediate Book Club)

Thank you, my friend!

I’ll listen in on Team Japan. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just set a when and I am down.

How’s 2pm (1 central)? I’m only heading to bed now, so I’ll want to sleep in. That work for you too, Sig? https://timeanddate.com/s/3wfvn <–proposed Team West time. If necessary (Sig or Time have an issue) we’ll push it later.

Also, I’m looking forward to getting to dialogue… I think it would be fun to pick roles and stick to characters (but if that’s just me, we don’t have to do that.)

@Killua69100 @TamanegiNoKame @Time @StarLi @Belerith @Dorotheian @Kyayna @LucasDesu

It’s up to you guys what time Team Japan meets… and I linked those of you who aren’t assigned to either team but said you were interested (in at least listening in). Happy reading!

I have no idea how someone got the link that showed my time, could not find it for the life of me on the website after creating the event… but it’s almost 1am, so maybe I’m night-blind?

Th-that is today, isn’t it. :eyes:

It’s too bad we have to split the groups when they’re this small, but guess that can’t be helped with such opposite time zones.

I’m fine on Saturday’s basically, and whenever, today - but don’t know about talking late because apartment walls are thin. Can definitely listen in indefinitely though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Um, starting some time this month I’ll be volunteering on a farm and might be in shared spaces, so again, not too late would be ideal for me. Other than that, I don’t have too many fixed appointments on weekend nights, so everyone feel free. :man_shrugging:

If your 2 PM is my 4 AM I will definitely not be proposing joining together instead. You probably don’t want to meet at 6 PM instead? :stuck_out_tongue: same problem with the farm though

Cheers for organising this! I think I’ll just see when both groups have decided on a time. As I mentioned I’m actually working different shifts every week so it might change along the way too, or I may not be free at all. We’ll see I guess.
But I’m hoping to be able to join at least a few, fingers crossed

1 Like

I’m cool with either day, but the Beginner read aloud club is on Saturday’s, so I think Sunday is a little easier. It’d also be great if it were easier than 9:30. That’s usually when I’m winding down for bed; I’m a 32 year old who sleeps like an old lady on work nights.

2 Likes

I’m also for earlier. Starting next week there might be Konbini on Sundays? So it’d have to be early enough not to interfere with that. This week Sunday evening whenever is fine with me.

Yeah… But it might make things easier? I’m hoping we both get a few extra people wandering in from time to time.

@Kyayna - unless I hear otherwise from Time or Sig, Team West’s time has been decided (for this week at least? - not sure if it’s every week yet).

1 Like

@StarLi and @Belerith: Since Sundays might be better for you, don’t worry about me and go ahead with Sunday if it might work.

I’m sorry, I just hadn’t seen it. I’m fine with that time :+1:

Yes that works for me.

Edit: That is today correct?

You’d be ok with either?

Yeah this week’s pretty bad timing for me all weekend so I’m gonna have to skip already :sweat_smile:
Fingers crossed for next week.

Yes. Just waiting for your new time. Whether you post here or Discord. (Finally on my computer too.)

No worries.

It’s Canada Day weekend here… but I haven’t heard about any plans from any of my friends… so I may have the whole weekend to myself (and my papers I need to write… hooray) so I’m flexible.

Hope you can join one of our groups next week. ^^

1 Like

Can someone please post in each week’s thread when the discord meeting starts (no matter which group)? I’m following 3 books and all those times are a pain to track!

Maybe this is something the Master List of Book Clubs should mention, @seanblue? Could get messy / out-of-date quickly though.

Nope, I think the master list needs to stay high level. No details about any specific books, votes, or voice chats.

4 Likes

Agreed, no need for that I think. Simply posting on the week’s thread is a good way to notify watchers. I actually won’t be planning for those meetings, I’ll simply join in if I happen to notice that it started and I’m free.