Week 4

Start Date: Feb 1st
Last week: Week 3
Next week: Week 5

Reading:

End Page End % End Phrase Page Count
55 25% 「愛なき愛読書の話さ」 15

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer reading the book
  • I’m skipping this book

0 voters

1 Like

WOAH. This is my home city, and usually, it’s not known to Japanese (got "え、何処これ” when I was in Japan). This is the last thing I expected to read XD

Sorry for the big vertical screenshots, I’ll make them smaller next time

10 Likes

Haha that’s cool. :smiley:

I’ve no idea what I’d feel if I actually read my hometown mentioned in a book somewhere. (Or even the next and next next bigger cities. They’re all still pretty small xD)

1 Like

I know exactly what I’d feel. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just finished week 3’s portion. Getting started on the week 4 reading today~

Week 3 is slightly on pause for me because I need to finish the book for my monthly English book club. :slightly_smiling_face:

Reading the IBC readings is always a bit slow for me. I dunno why - it’s not like I’m particularly struggling with the language (I think), or that I’m not enjoying the story. It just… feels like a bit of a chore. Something I have to get through before I can do something more fun.

2 Likes

Week one was a bit of a chore for me. It seemed to have a lot of words I didn’t know. Since the mystery of the locked door started, it’s gotten more interesting. I was just busy and needed a couple of extra days. :upside_down_face: