Week 5

Start Date: Feb 8th
Last week : Week 4
Next week: Week 6

Reading:

End Page End % End Phrase Page Count
72 32% [End of chapter] 17

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer reading the book
  • I’m skipping this book

0 voters

4 Likes

I’m behind schedule again :sob: Should be back on track soon. This week was crazy and then I suddenly ended up on a roadtrip for a friend’s surprise birthday party. Fortunately I’ve had some opportunity to read while on the subway and such but…

3 Likes

Couldn’t really guess this one, but at least I guessed where they were going (it was kinda obvious I guess).
I wonder if each chapter will just bring a new mystery, or if we will reach an overarching one that will take a few chapters or even books to solve. 気になります

6 Likes

I do hope there’s a larger mystery at some point. I imagine they get to the mystery of the sister/club eventually but I have no idea if that will be in this book or the series as a whole. We will see… :thinking:

3 Likes

That feeling when you know. :eyes:

Not quite as good as wondering and discovering with everyome, but still pretty good.

5 Likes

Smirks knowingly

Ponders posting hidden hints for people who really want to know.

5 Likes

Finally got to read this.

That teacher telling them it wasn’t there wasn’t suspicious at all :eyes:

2 Likes

Huh, so. I just finished reading this part. But I must say I somehow find this pretty boring, even when it’s supposed to be thrilling… But maybe this is just me, because I’m not so invested so I don’t dig too deep in trying to get to the correct meaning. I‘m reading this fairly quickly, I look up almost all of the words and try to make sense of the sentences, and usually they make sense in general. But maybe I still miss out? How do you others perceive the current section? Is it only me or is it the book? :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Yeah it’s a bit boring, I think it’s not even supposed to be thrilling. But maybe that’s because of the very small pace for such books (normal school life, as opposed to fantasy or fiction), that can’t be helped either. But I did find going through it in bigger chunks better, since too little is happening at a time.

3 Likes

I think chapter four is where it picked up for me and became actually interesting. And yeah, definitely agree that it helps to read this book in bigger chunks/faster. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes