氷菓 Home Thread

Yep that’s a mistake. Fixed now hopefully. And thanks for the percentages!

I copied what @Naphthalene wrote but I also have what you have so I dunno :woman_shrugging:

I’m assuming @Naphthalene may have made a mistake - 小さい does usually include the さ. ^^ Unless there’s some other adjective with that kanji that doesn’t. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m not sure what I’m getting into but looking forward to starting a new book.

8 Likes

I went fast without proofreading. Mistakes are almost guaranteed.

2 Likes

Week 2 is here!

8 Likes

Aaand here comes Week 3:

8 Likes

Here’s Week 4 as promised:

7 Likes

For everyone that isn’t behind like I am:

4 Likes

I convinced a (real-life) friend of mine to get in on this, so we visited Kinokuniya this afternoon and tracked down a new copy. I feel very accomplished for having successfully found a specific book in a Japanese bookstore.

9 Likes

I may have to back-burner this book.

For the fun of it, I’ve been translating an Asadora into English. It was pointed out to me recently that I’ve been at it for about eight years (how on Earth did eight years pass so fast), so I’ve made a promise to either finish it by the Olympics, or else officially drop it and relinquish control to someone else (who’s essentially going to do an OCR version of the subtitles from whichever B-grade translation company did a translation of it for Hawaiian TV, or somesuch).

Point is, that’s probably going to take up a fair amount of my free time until July, and reading this book is time-comsuming, sooo…

(I confess, I do worry a little bit that working under a deadline is going to take the “fun” out of “for the fun of it”, but I guess we’ll see how long it takes me to crack. I also took this up as a way of practicing my listening, but I don’t really seem to have had a noticeable improvement.)

5 Likes

Make a thread and involve (some of) us in! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Proofreading assistance would always be welcome (aside from the fact that my superpower is not being able to spot my own typos, perhaps I’ve also paced the subtitles to match my reading speed, and that’s too fast for everyone else) but honestly the fiddliest bit is just doing the timing of the episodes.

But yeah, I’ve already scattered questions around the place here about lines I’ve been having issues with over the years. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

New thread:

2 Likes

Considering I’ve put the book on hold, I’m probably not one to talk, but I wonder if we need to crank down the speed a notch. There’s a lot of people in the “haven’t reached this part yet” category - almost 50% still there in last week’s poll.

1 Like

It’s fine with me if we decide to lower the speed or wait a bit for people to catch up. I didn’t realize how many people were falling behind.

But every time we slow down/take a break bad things happen!

1 Like

When it comes to me, just ignore me, I’m being a bit lazy currently. Was planning to catch up today anyways :wink:

1 Like

I’m behind because of moving and other complications but I should be able to catch up soon.

Of course if a few people think wating a bit would be beneficial we could do that.

3 Likes

Your weekly dose of mistery:

6 Likes

We are halfway there!

9 Likes