本陣殺人事件 (Advanced Book Club)

Wohoo! You made it 'till the end :tada: That means it’s …

Satisfaction Poll Time!

Have you read 本陣殺人事件?

• I finished it
  • I’m still reading and I plan on finishing it
  • I don’t plan to finish it
  • I never even started it

0 voters

If you read the book, how would you rate it on a 5 point scale? (1: hated it, 5: loved it)

• Unsure / Didn’t finish

0 voters

If you read the book, how would you rate its difficulty?

• No effort at all
  • Minimal effort
  • Moderate effort
  • Significant effort
  • So much effort my head might explode
  • I don’t know

0 voters

Participation Statistics

4 Likes

Count me in for an offshoot club, either for 獄門島 or the other 本陣 stories! I was thinking about moving on to the other stories right away, but I can hold if we’re going to read them as a group.

3 Likes

:partying_face:
Nice! So far it’s only Rodan, you and me, which is totally fine by me. I’m thinking we probably wouldn’t make good use of weekly threads with 3 people (of which one has already read at least the next book), but having a central thread for the series and then maybe one per book? would still be nice. What do you think?

As for when to start reading, I’m good to go from next week. :+1:

3 Likes

Sounds good to me! Should we start with the other two 本陣 stories? Or save those for after 獄門島?

2 Likes

If you’re definitely reading both, it might feel slightly more natural reading the stories after 獄門島, just since I remember I think both of them reference 獄門島.
It doesn’t really amount to anything more than “here’s Kindaichi - you know, the detective from that 獄門島 incident” though, and I read the stories that came with 本陣 first and turned out fine :slight_smile: so it’s up to you two!

2 Likes

We’ll be starting our reading of the two stories included with 本陣殺人事件 on April 11. If you’ve been wanting to read them too or have maybe read them already, please don’t hesitate to join us~

1 Like