Join the Advanced Book Club here!
本好きの下剋上 Home Thread
Start Date: February 6th
Previous week: Week 24
Next week: Week 26
Chapters 13-15 (既得権益と会合の結果, 工房選びと道具, ルッツの見習い準備, 46 pages/ 10%)
- Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
- When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
- Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
- To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun!
Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
- I’m reading along
- I have finished this part
- I’m still reading the book but haven’t reached that part yet
- I’m skipping this book
Lots of technical stuff this week.
This week spoiler
The details of the magic contract were explained. It matches what Naphtalene told me last week.
Just to be sure:
-Beno has created the plant’s paper company.
-Mayne gave up her right to the paper making receipt?
-Otto helped Beno for money?
-They will start mass-producing paper.
I liked the “Lutz is buying merch” chapter. Beno living a completely different life. I also liked the “Beno is follow Mayne and Lutz” chapter. I was expecting more discussion between Mayne’s father and Beno.
I have a question about the second chapter when Otto and Beno speaks together
“I think I need to work more than my rent?”
The way to it framed made it seemed like a snarky comment. I barely see it as a question. Any idea?
i think it’s more about benno making otto work more, hence the causative
Yes, as @yukine said, it’s “I think I’m being made to work more than the worth of my rent”. The question part is rhetorical. If you really want to translate it, it would become “or (am I wrong)?”
I’ll check your other questions later.
So can I assume Beno pays the rent in exchange for Otto’s help? I don’t remember reading it but it does seem that way.
Benno is the owner, he just doesn’t ask for rent.
I really liked chapter 13’s back and forth between the four of them!
My favorite part: 「……初耳ですけど？」（…）「今初めて言ったからな」 between Main and Benno. Really set the tone! Though I do wonder how long Main will remain with her mindset of assuming everyone’s honest and innocent and trying to do good all the time.