文豪ストレイドッグス わん! (Bungou Stray Dogs Wan!) – Volume 3

Interesting way of thinking I guess. I understand you. Poetic things are also out of my league.

I wonder how long he has been preparing his plan for. He needed to takes picture and gather info on Rampo then he needed to know who would be the judge. Maybe he have one for everyone. Kaiji Motojiro seem like a stupid character in Bangou Stray Dog but he is more intelligent then he seems.

2 Likes
Summary

According to Wiki: “This short story describes the feeling of an ailing patient and the mischievous emotions which every person has. Kajii wrote many other works which had a main character with lung disease because the author was affected by tuberculosis himself. His life was a fight against poverty and sickness (he died from tuberculosis at the age of 31).”
So I guess it’s supposed to represent his emotions towards his illness and how he managed to handle them (Maybe some time I’ll actually read the story so I can further explain this---- for now though. Sleep

3 Likes
still about Lemon

Yes, but I understand that his main characters are his self-inserts - I even mentioned this in my post. And I understand that their actions and melancholic contemplation are supposed to represent how he tried to handle his illness.
What I don’t understand is… what is so cool about books&lemon art installation. Is there some deeper, hidden meaning that’s escaping me? Some metaphor…?
That’s my problem with most of the artistic stuff - it seems so pointless. And I’m always wondering how much I’m undertone I’m missing. :sweat_smile:
I guess Wikipedia comment about

is some sort of interpretation, but… ummm… imagining explosion of a book store, which potentially results in dead people is being… mischievous?

I’m waiting for it! :lemon:

1 Like
Summary

I mean, to BSD Lemon boi it is :thinking: :laughing:

2 Likes

Week 3: Chapters 47 - 49 (3 chapters)
Start Date: January 18th
Previous Week: Week 2
Next Week: Week 4
Home Thread: Link

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll:

• I’m reading along
  • I’ll catch up later
  • I’m dropping out

0 voters

1 Like

OMG. PLUSH TOYS COUNTRY.
Just after our talk about sewing :heart_eyes:

I’m pretty sure the hangover will be over before all these steps will be completed:
wan1

Joke punchline was pretty predictable, but it was fun nevertheless.
I’m relieved it was only an x-ray and that Yosano didn’t actually cut Tanizaki up again.

I don’t understand this fragment, unless it is meant to be an abstract joke:

And here I wasn’t able to predict how well each member will do as a body double, so it was exciting to see different impressions. :black_heart:

3 Likes

Yesterday when I saw the thread I realized I forgot about it.

Chap 47

That chap was weird. Not sure how I feel about it.

Chap 48

It was kind of obvious she did not leave it inside anyone.
I’m not sure I understood that part.

she says:

Chap 49

My favorite chapter of the week. Every time I see Chuuya I always assume there is gonna have a short joke. One time, it will only be an moment?
She wants to examine him and says it will only be for one moment right?

Commenting Aisling comments

I did understand what he said so I’m glad you did.

She says that if he wants she can open his belly for him anything. Only 3 minutes and pan! It’s over. He answer like a instant ramen?
Took me a lot of rereading to get it too. I was sure カパッ means a cup . Seems like an onomatopoeia.

2 Likes

psst, there’s no “g” there. i know it’s less common spelling, but internet says it’s still a valid one :smiley:
btw, i chose it back in my teen years just because I wanted something with a “dream” meaning as a username. back then, any english name sounded exotic and mysterious. :grin:
now I realize it’s quite a common name, but after all these years I became emotionally attached to it, so oh well :upside_down_face:

I'm not 100% sure, but...

The joke here is that she sounds like she’s erotically interested in Tanizaki’s body, rather then medically.
And when she repeats that sentence she drops “医療” so it deepens that misunderstanding.
So I understood it as:
“I only made such a medical mistake once” vs “I only made such a mistake once”, which makes is sound like falling for Tanizaki is that mistake.
But maybe I’m over-interpreting it.
wan

2 Likes

Sorry, sometimes I write pretty fast and don’t reread myself. Never knew it was a real name. After looking at the wiki it seems it’s more of a Irish name than a English one ha ha. I will be more careful next time.

Oh!! seems like 過ち means mistake, not instant. Confused it with something else. Thx for the help

2 Likes

Ooops, sorry, typical mistake of saying “English” when meaning “English-speaking country”, not “England”.
I generally try to be cautious about it, but it’s easy to slip. :sweat_smile:
And yes, since it comes from Irish language, I should definitely say Irish anyway.
It was just a shortcut in my mind for “name used in a place with English as one of the official languages”. :sweat:

Oh, it’s a relief that it doesn’t sound to everyone on the internet as a common name. :smiley:

2 Likes

Being from N. Ireland and having to write Aislin down sometimes I normally ask how that person spells it since there are a few ways to spell it. I’d say the ways I’ve come across most are the way you spell it for your username and Aisling. You can also put the fada over the second i so it would be Aislín which I think is the more correct way to do it since it marks the pronunciation.

It’s a fairly common name here :sweat_smile: it’s probably one of the more popular Irish names :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah… I wanted to say that it’s not a common name for me because I do not know lots of Irish people. But it’s seems it’s common in Irish.

2 Likes

^this. I said “doesn’t sound to everyone”, of course to some people it still will. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for your input, @DollyDaydream !

2 Likes

Week 4: Chapters 50-52 (3 chapters)
Start Date: January 25th
Previous Week : Week 3
Next Week: Week 5
Home Thread: Link

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll:

• I’m reading ahead
  • I’m reading along
  • I’ll catch up later
  • I’m dropping out

0 voters

@Whologist - you stopped voting in the poll, so I added a new option for you :smirk:

2 Likes

In other news, here’s my proposal about Volume 4 schedule. As usual, if anyone has any suggestions/requests, please say so in the comments! :slightly_smiling_face:

Schedule for Volume 4

Week Goal Start Date
One-week break February 8th
Week #1 Chapters 56-58 February 15th
Week #2 Chapters 59-61 February 22nd
Week #3 Chapters 62-64 March 1st
Week #4 Chapters 65-67 March 8th
Week #5 Chapters 68-70 March 15th
2 Likes

:flushed: :heart:

2 Likes
Chap 50

Being a long time since we saw Kenji as the main character in the story. He was right the frog was really cute. The mushroom though. They were there because it was the rainy season right? Kunikida did not grow them. I like to think Dazai just put them there to help Kenji.

Chap 51

I like the kindergarten story. The order of the drawing is still mixing me up. Only read the right side for 3 pages then read the left side. I don’t get that artistic choice.

Chap 52

The cleaning monster. I wish he does not come to my room.:eyes:
Is this an eternal dirty room? I’m surprised it not worse than it was.

Always the same people getting all the special things. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I-i bought Re: Zero for you! :joy:
No, but really, constant exposure to book club threads definitely raised my interest, so it is because of you :grinning:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mere-exposure_effect
And I’m really very thankful that you’re so consistent with your comments here each week :white_heart::white_heart::white_heart:

If I understood correctly, Dazai grew them and then moved them from his apartment to the office :mushroom:
Still, rainy season is scary :grimacing: I’m glad I only know it from fiction.

I have a problem with understanding what exactly Dazai did here. Why was the room so messy? Did he steal the sweets? And then… brought them back? I’m confused :exploding_head:

Yes, it was terrifying :scream: He’s happy living like this, he’s living alone, just let it go! I was especially sad when the face from the dirt on the wall got destroyed. :frowning_face:
@Whologist, as a sworn Kunikida fan, what did you think about this chapter?

1 Like

After I wrote my comment so no count :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It’s easy when you follow the schedule. I read then comments. It’s much harder when I am faster because I don’t have that will to share as much or can’t because I know what will happen or I forgot stuff. This is why I try to follow the schedule as much as I can. That and I experienced empty thread which are sad so…

Answer to Aislin

I lived through rainy season and it’s not scary. It’s just always raining for two weeks or so. Imagine a cloudy day when it can rain at any moment. Think about it for 2-3 weeks. That is rainy season.

Can I have a picture? I suppose you mean when the room was empty and they all wondered who did it. I’m not exactly sure what he did. He made a surprise. “You thought all the candy were stolen? It was me Dazai. It was a joke” or something. I think they said the candy were intact. I would like an explanation too is someone have it.

1 Like
Summary

Yes this \o/ :sparkles:
My uncle actually found a mushroom in his shower once in England… :thinking: Or at least claims to have.
So I guess it could be done maybe…

He just destroyed the room to scare all of them and give them a “surprise.” My guess is he did it so Ranpo could solve the mystery and they could all get along (Because Ranpo didn’t want to play with them originally lol)
BABY KUNIKIDA’S ANGY FACE THOUGH :pleading_face: :point_right: :point_left:

I love it :sob: :heart: It’s cute that he decided to come help a former detective clean and cook because he cares about him :pleading_face: I love how at the end he just immediately wrecks the room again, all his hard work :sob:

3 Likes