夜カフェ 2 Book Club - Chapter 2
Thanks to everyone who joined in our first week’s discussion thread! If you’re still a little behind, don’t worry! There’s plenty of time to catch up!
This is an offshoot book club for 夜カフェ which we originally read with the Beginners Book Club. Please follow the links below to guide you to the proper jumping off point if you’re not quite ready for chapter 2, volume 2 yet.
Start date of current chapter: 13th August 2022
Next chapter: Chapter 3
Previous chapter: Chapter 1
Home thread: 夜カフェ 2 Offshoot Book Club Home Thread
Previous Volume: 夜カフェ 1 Home Thread
The vocab list is a community effort, so if you contribute to the list or even just point out a potential error/typo, you’re helping your fellow readers out! It goes without saying, but feel free to peruse the list to help make your reading experience easier! You’re not obligated to contribute but any help you provide is truly appreciated.
- Please blur / hide any major events in the current week’s pages (however early they occur), like so:
[spoiler]texthere[/spoiler] result: texthere
- If you’re reading ahead, please refrain from mentioning spoilers in future chapters. If you absolutely must comment something, be sure to add a warning (ex: potential spoiler in chapter 3) before hiding the rest of the spoiler under a spoiler tag.
- When asking for help, please mention the page number and identify whether your book is a physical copy or ebook, and check before posting that your question hasn’t already been asked
- Feel free to jump in at any point in the discussion - you’re never too late to the party!
- Sharing your impressions and predictions of the reading are highly encouraged! It’s fun to see if the story pans out the way some of us think. Just be careful not to give away anything if you’re reading ahead.
- I’m reading along
- I’ve already read this part
- I’m from the future and reading way later
- I’m behind and will catch up later
@Hantsuki I only have view access to the vocab sheet so I can’t add to it. Can you check the settings when you get a moment?
I never got around to posting anything in the week 1 discussion, but I’m glad to be back to reading this story I’d forgotten how long it takes me to read each chapter though
A little behind due to a turbulent past week (things love to get busy when you least want them to, eh) but hopefully will catch up soon.
Thanks for letting me know! I didn’t even notice you can change the settings to allow view only or allow editing permissions. How futuristic! Let me know if it’s still not fixed please!
It’s never too late to go back and post I just assumed there was not much to talk about hence the silence last week.
It’s all good! If you (or anyone else for that matter) need a break early, I’m willing to consider if the majority feel that way.
I know some members are trying to finish volume 1 to try to catch up and a lot of us are participating in multiple book clubs (myself included) so an early break wouldn’t be a bad idea.
What do you guys think?
I personally think it’s not a bad idea at all, perhaps another week or two and we can take a break if everyone wants that.
Right now we have a break scheduled at the halfway point after chapter 6 (it would be week 7 starting Sept 17). So maybe a break after chapter 3 if everyone is still struggling to keep up?
I’ll wait to hear for more ideas before making a poll.
I guess the other thing to consider is that week 1 is longer but the next couple of chapters aren’t too bad, so that may allow people to catch up more easily.
Thanks for your input!
I decided to move the discussion to the home thread so those who are avoiding this thread due to potential spoilers can see it.
Ah ok I hadn’t realised that, seeing chapter 1 I assumed things would take longer than usual with this book. Still, since some of us are participating in another book club, I still think it’s not a bad idea. But let’s see what the others have to say
It’s fixed Thank you!
I’ve added a bunch of words.
I was glad to have a shorter chapter this week because its boiling here in the UK and that lead to me reading really slowly!
As usual, my impressions of the chapter were “Poor Hanabi” She never seems to have any good luck!
Chapter spoilers: Poor Hanabi indeed. Rouma-kun keeps showing his complete lack of awareness and puts Hanabi in a poor position with Yayako, as if it needed to get worse.