☕ 夜カフェ 2 ☕ Offshoot Book Club Chapter 10 Discussion Thread

夜カフェ 2 Book Club - Chapter 10

We’re coming down to the wire with four weeks but only three chapters to go!

This is an offshoot book club for 夜カフェ which we originally read with the Beginners Book Club. Please follow the links below to guide you to the proper jumping off point if you’re not quite ready for chapter 10, volume 2 yet.

Start date of current chapter: 22nd October 2022
Next chapter: Chapter 11
Previous chapter: Chapter 9
Home thread: 夜カフェ 2 Offshoot Book Club Home Thread
Previous Volume: 夜カフェ 1 Home Thread

Vocabulary List

The vocab list is a community effort, so if you contribute to the list or even just point out a potential error/typo, you’re helping your fellow readers out! It goes without saying, but feel free to peruse the list to help make your reading experience easier! You’re not obligated to contribute but any help you provide is truly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Discussion Guidelines

• Please blur / hide any major events in the current week’s pages (however early they occur), like so: [spoiler]texthere[/spoiler] result: texthere
  • If you’re reading ahead, please refrain from mentioning spoilers in future chapters. If you absolutely must comment something, be sure to add a warning (ex: potential spoiler in chapter 3) before hiding the rest of the spoiler under a spoiler tag.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number and identify whether your book is a physical copy or ebook, and check before posting that your question hasn’t already been asked
  • Feel free to jump in at any point in the discussion - you’re never too late to the party!
  • Sharing your impressions and predictions of the reading are highly encouraged! It’s fun to see if the story pans out the way some of us think. Just be careful not to give away anything if you’re reading ahead. :wink:

Participation Poll

• I’m reading along
  • I’ve already read this part
  • I’m from the future and reading way later
  • I’m behind and will catch up later

0 voters

1 Like
Talking about the chapter

What a name the chapter had. :sweat_smile:

So Yayako is (seems to me) stepping up her bullying. At least Tina managed to come to rescue Hanabi, and thankfully it made Hanabi try to rescue herself. There is strength in numbers and also sometimes it is easier to go to the help of a friend. Although I wish Hanabi gets to a place where she feels more comfortable helping herself too. It would be good for her.

I also tried to figure out the 夜カフェス, how they came up with that name and loved in instantly like it meant something. I didn’t bother last chapter, thinking maybe someone would explain it eventually. Doesn’t seem like it. So I think maybe it is a combo of カフェ and フェス, the later being a short way to say festival. Does anyone know if that is what they were going for?

1 Like

That was my assumption too.

1 Like