不可解なぼくのすべてを・FukaBoku Vol. 3 ♀♂

Wait isn’t 直也 the random dood who said “いけるかも” about Mogumo?
Hmmm checking volume 1 maybe not… the hair color is different…

Anyway it was a nice chapter! Tetsu’s friend are so, well, friendly and understanding! And Tetsu being more open is a huge step forward and I’m glad it went well.

4 Likes

What exactly does Tetsu mean by あまのじゃく on page 40?

I was a bit worried that his friends would need some time to come around, so I’m also really glad it went that smoothly. And bonding over a game was such a nice touch :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t know how to translate that correctly, but (in this context) it’s someone who is being negative or antagonistic on purpose. (In other words, an angsty teenager).
From weblio:

あまのじゃくとは、ひねくれた性格という意味のこと。人の意見反対したり人からの称賛を喜ばなかったり、などの態度をとる人のことである。

Jisho.org has the definition “contrarian” which is kinda true but also fails to provide any nuance. :sweat_smile:

Just to be clear, he is saying that about Mogumo

4 Likes

Thank you! The Jisho definition really wasn’t too helpful :sweat_smile:

Ah, thanks for adding that. At first I thought he was talking about himself avoiding talking about his sister or the cafe for no good reason but that was probably me misunderstanding the Jisho definition :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I just checked the chapter to be sure, but it is indeed Mogumo. He was first taking what Mogumo said at face value (bottom right of the previous page) then remembered Mogumo’s wish, which lead to the outburst that Mogumo isn’t being honest.

2 Likes

Week 3 - Chapter 14

Start Date: June 12th
Previous Week: Week 2 - Chapter 13
Next: Week 4 - Chapter 15
Home Thread: Link

Participation Status Poll
If you’ve read it before but will join in the discussion (or have read ahead), please select “I’m reading along”!

• I’m reading along
  • I’m dropping out
  • I’m planning to catch up later

0 voters

1 Like

fukaboku

You finally got your wish :green_heart:
Honestly, at this point, I thought that Wデート got forgotten :joy:

5 Likes

The most important thing they kissed! That was such a sweet moment.

On the language side of things I for some reason had quite a bit of trouble today.

Page 63
Is Haruto basically explaining why he confronted Tetsu? I guess he thought Suzu would be quite popular in the cafe and he saw Tetsu and Suzu together quite often, that they might be having something?!

With that “preview” for the next chapter I can’t wait for next week.

3 Likes

That how I understood it!

Meanwhile I have doubts about later part, where they were talking about
announcing their relationships status to the world.
Was the conclusion that Suzu&boyfriend are also fine about being more public about it?

2 Likes

Thanks!

I got a different understanding from that

My take

On p. 72 Suzu comes to the conclusion that for him making the relationship public is not something that has to be done, mostly because he is afraid of a weird reaction 「変な反応」.

Later that page Haruto say that you have to also look at it from the persons perspective that you are telling the secret to.

Now the next page 73 is probably where I’m most shaky, so take this with a grain of salt. I interpreted the start of that page that. If you tell someone else and then tell them to keep it a secret you are pushing the responsibility on someone else.

Later on on that page he goes on to say that you can always tell someone (a secret) but it is much harder to tell someone to forget something.

Next page he goes on to say that he doesn’t want to do anything that would hurt Suzu.

After that Suzu is swooning because he thought Haruto just wanted to keep it a secret because he might be emberassed.

I just interpreted this whole section that both are currently fine with keeping their relationship a secret.

Now as for Tetsu and Mogumo I’m not 100% sure. I don’t think they have reached a conclusion. Though kissing in semi-public might be an indication.

3 Likes

Even your explanation shows how complicated this scene was. But your reasoning makes sense!
Thank you ^ _ ^

Yess, finally! I thought they had forgotten about it as well tbh :sweat_smile: And we finally got our first kiss :partying_face:

4 Likes

Thank you for this! I was also having trouble understanding that conversation. Also:

Yay for that first kiss! And for Tetsu’s friends’ reaction to him explaining about the cafe in the last chapter, I loved that even though they are not really familiar with these issues they really want to learn.

If only everyone were like Tetsu’s friends…

4 Likes

Ha! I thought exactly the same thing. It’s almost unrealistically too nice, but I’ll take it!

3 Likes

I found this chapter quite difficult, so I was relieved to see that other people found this conversation a bit hard to follow too!

Enjoyed it once I worked through it though, and I’m glad we finally got to see that double date!

6 Likes

Week 4 - Chapter 15

Start Date: June 19th
Previous Week: Week 3 - Chapter 14
Next: Week 5 - Chapter 16
Home Thread: Link

Participation Status Poll
If you’ve read it before but will join in the discussion (or have read ahead), please select “I’m reading along”!

• I’m reading along
  • I’m dropping out
  • I’m planning to catch up later

0 voters

I’m glad we got to see a glimpse of the wider LGBT community in Japan. Not sure if this is just in this book or in general in Japan but it seemed interesting to me that it does not use the more inclusive LGBTQ+.

On the character front: I guess Mogumo had a inlking about Koto’s sexual orientation and tried to help her realize that she is not alone in this?! I sadly knew that this twist was coming because I spoiled myself while reading the wiki page for this manga. Really looking forward to the story of Koto.

Great art

I think this section can only be described as かっこいいいい

We also get hat…

… and ponytail Mogumo

Man this manga has some stunning art. I just love it when the art has some space to breathe and is not constantly squeezed out by text!

Can It please be next week I want to read on!

5 Likes

I love the fact that we managed to get to the pride chapter during pride month :smiley: :rainbow_flag:

I’m sooo curious about what’s going to happen with Koto next chapter, it’s taking a lot of self control to stick to the schedule this week :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Same here! I want to know what happens next.
I’ve been hoping Koto’s character would develop more, and it looks like thats about to happen.

2 Likes

I’m impressed. I already failed at self control and finished the series :eyes:

Yes, I’m also under the impression that “LGBT” is much more common than LGBTQIA+ or other variations in Japan. Take that with the caveat that I have been basically living under a rock for the past 8 years, so that might not be the case anymore.
Just googling a bit, I found this page from less than a year ago explaining the term that mentions in the intro that it is starting to get some traction (in Japan, I guess)

4 Likes