ヨコハマ買い出し紀行 🛵 Volume 8

This is a continuation of the Intermediate Book Club reading ヨコハマ買い出し紀行.

We are continuing with one thread per volume. You can read the chapters at your own pace.

Intermediate Book Club Home Thread: Intermediate Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: TUGUMI・Next: おばちゃんたちのいるところ
ヨコハマ買い出し紀行 Home thread: ヨコハマ買い出し紀行 (Intermediate Book Club)

Volume 8

Start date: July 3rd, 2022
Previous volume: ヨコハマ買い出し紀行 🛵 Volume 7
The rest of the series: ヨコハマ買い出し紀行 🛵 Volume 9 - 14

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I am reading along
  • I have already finished this volume
  • I have already read the series beyond this volume
  • Maybe I’ll read this volume later
  • I have decided to drop the series
  • I am a tomato, show me the results :durtle_tomato:

0 voters

1 Like
don’t mind me

I’ll definitely read it later, I haven’t started the series yet but it’s pretty high on my to read list:)

2 Likes

Read up to chapter 71 so far and really enjoying this road trip. Lots of really nice landscapes :slightly_smiling_face:

We went from a really really large persimmon (they don’t actually get that large, right?) to some pretty cool lantern trees.

The unagiya sign reminded me of the previous volume but it’s a different unagiya, right? (Part of the same chain, maybe :slightly_smiling_face:. Searching the internet, I saw a lot of similar illustrations, so this seems to be a common way to stylise うなぎ in general. I guess it makes sense.)

Two questions from the earlier chapters:

On page 11 the lady says
柿あげるから 元気だしな しゃごんでないで
I couldn’t really find anything for しゃごんでないで… I hope I’m not misreading something again :sweat_smile:

And on page 22 Alpha says
すなおに 水っぺりの道 歩ってった方がよかったかな
Not sure what the 水っぺり is (although I guess it probably means something like the road along the water?).

In the meantime I finished the volume (it was nice as always; that last chapter was pretty funny).