キノの旅 Week 1 Discussion

I’m almost done with the chapter and marked some sentences where I encountered a grammar point I didnt understand, I might post about them later if I still don’t understand them after taking another look :slight_smile:

So far it’s a very enjoyable read that seems to be right at my level! So happy about it :smiley:

Now I’m going to do some very shameless plugging (sorry!) since I absolutely love the way it sped up my process of looking up words and adding it to a SRS program:

On android I use an app called Moon+ Reader to read my ebooks, it’s very customizable and allows you to enter a custom url for your dictionaries. (I’m not sure if it exists for iOS?)

Combining this feature with Kitsun allows you to:

1. Long press a word
  2. Tap the dict button
  3. Kitsun looks up the word in Jisho.org automatically and displays the results
  4. Click the button to automatically generate a flashcard from the jisho entry into your own deck.

So this takes away three very tiring parts:

• looking up words in jisho.org by copy-pasting the vocab manually
  • having to manually create an srs flashcard for retaining the new vocab.
  • having to trash/hibernate words from existing parsed decks (or dealing with misparses)

The setting up takes maybe a few seconds but it really, really speeds up your “workflow”. If anyone is interested in trying it out, I’ll be happy to provide some details :smiley:

9 Likes