オープンソース国語辞典があるのか?

I have no idea why it is so hard to find an answer, but does an open source (doesn’t have to be) Japanese-Japanese dictionary, lexicon, corpus exist? I’m not talking about JMdict because that’s Japanese-English, but Japanese to Japanese.

I’m working on a Rikaikun-like extension but shows me Japanese definition to help refine from code-switching but I can’t find any non-JMdict tools, even if I search in Japanese. If I could use a web dictionary such as https://www.sanseido.biz/ I would but they either cost money or, sadly like Sanseido, they are shutting down or definitions are too complex and defeat the purpose of using a 国語辞書.

宜しくお願いします。

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean by open source… but here are some online Japanese dictionaries if it helps.

But it gives a Japanese definition that is gathered from a Japanese dictionary? You mind if I can see the source?

I don’t think there’s a dm feature here, but thanks for sharing the code. I’ll look at it more tomorrow and come back if I have questions. But the interface seems easy enough to use. Still I wish there was a JMdict like project going on for Japanese-Japanese definitions.

The title got me curious.

You can cache with Javascript and make it work offline. There’s a whole Javascript eco-system that has grown up. Look into Progressive Web Apps (PWA) if you want offline capabilities as well.

1 Like

There used to be a DM feature but the admins disabled it after an incident a year or so ago.

I wrote a scraper in Java a while ago that would look up words on sanseido.biz and put them in a local database for later use (so I essentially built my own j-j dictionary) but I later replaced it with an EPWING dictionary since that was faster. I haven’t found any open source, offline dictionaries but there are plenty of online free ones. If you want an offline one it seems like you have to pay (getting one in EPWING format for instance).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.