🐶 わんわん探偵団・おかわり 🕵 Doggy Detectives 2!

Week 5

We finish the first story this week!

Just a heads-up: we’ll take a short break at the end of the week, just to help anybody who’s a little behind catch up and give people a breather before we dive into the second story.

8 Likes

Glad to hear there’s a break. I haven’t been able to read in the last few weeks due to a new job… This should help :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Week 6

We have started the second story! This one is pretty short and sweet :slight_smile: (I’m suuuper intrigued by the title??!)

@slither - excellent, that’s just why we have the breaks :grin: glad it’s helpful to someone.

6 Likes

Hello! I’ve just started reading along this week, and I’ve got the book on my Kindle. I haven’t managed to get word highlighting working, though (I press on a word, and it starts scrolling through the pages) - is anyone else having this issue, or have I done something wrong with the setup?

1 Like

Word highlighting doesn’t work for children’s books or manga, because they are images rather than text characters.

1 Like

Ahh, right, that’ll do it! Guess I’ll have to make good use of the vocab spreadsheets then :smile:

2 Likes

Just jumping in. Does this week start with “Edward”??

nevermind, I figured it out :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Week 7

4 Likes

Week 8

Last part of the case! As for story 1, do post your theories under a dropdown :grin:

2 Likes

Week 9

The solution! Just one week’s reading for this story, and it’s our shortest week yet to boot.

Don’t forget we’ll be taking another break next week, following this, before starting up again with the third story on the 29th.

I’m also going to post some polls about our pace for that story in a bit.

7 Likes

Pace for Story 3

The current schedule for the last story sees us tackling 9 (and in one week 10) pages per week. This is only one more page than the maximum we’ve tackled so far, but sustaining that pace (and pushing to 10 at one point) might still be a bit much for some readers.

• I want to stick to the schedule in the OP
  • I want to tackle ~7 pages per week for the ‘case’ section but stick with 9 for the ‘solution’
  • I want to tackle ~7 pages per week for the ‘case’ section and ~6 pages per week for the ‘solution’

0 voters

I don’t mind either way, but looking at the amount of text on each page, I’d say:

|Week|Start Date|Chapter|Page Numbers|
| — | — | — | — | — |
|Week 10|March 29h|Story 3 - Case|88 - 97|
|Week 11|April 5th|Story 3 - Case|99 - 110|
|Week 12|April 12th|Story 3 - Case|111 - 118|
|Week 13|April 19th|Story 3 - Solution|120 - 131|
|Week 14|April 26th|Story 3 - Solution|130 - 94|

This puts the case portion at effectively 9 pages per week. Week 11 has two pages with zero to one line(s) of dialogue each, so taking from week 12 helps even it out.

For the solution portion, week one has a page with just one line of text, and in the middle of the chapter is two pages with a lot of dialogue. This takes the first of the two heavy pages away the start of week 14 and puts it at the end of week 13.

(This is based on a brief thumbnail’s glance at the pages, as I don’t want to accidentally spoil the case for myself!)

1 Like

I don’t mind.

1 Like

I don’t mind, either.

1 Like

Week 10

Final case!

It’s the longest one in the book, though we’ll take the same amount of time as we did for the first.

3 Likes

Week 11

4 Likes

Week 12

Laaate?! I don’t know what you’re talking about.

3 Likes

Week 13

Last solution :cry: but penultimate week!

3 Likes

Week 14

Final week :cry:

3 Likes

As my first, of hopefully many books, in the WK book clubs I really enjoyed the process, thanks for all the vocab lists and support.

6 Likes