🐶 わんにゃん探偵団 🐱 Book Club

Maybe we could go fishing in the ABBC to get some more people involved? I think these books are so good for people who are just starting to read!

2 Likes

Radish8 did advertise it in the past in the opening post of ABBC and attracted a few readers. There was some caution about not competing with the official ABBC pick and pulling away readers. If the next pick in ABBC is another manga then there probably will be some people keen to get into a book. Perhaps we can advertise it in ABBC once we’ve picked a date?

3 Likes

It gave me something to do with five minutes, an image editor, and a random photo found online =D

Wouldn’t it be ironic if the next ABBC pick was my nomination of the first Detective Milky book (from the same author)?

Edit: Wow, I just looked a the current proposal list for ABBC, and it’s 7 story books and 4 manga. And they’re currently on their third manga in a row.

I wonder if dropping mention in BBC as well would be fine. They’re reading children’s stories there, but that’s a whole different beast from a children’s picture book. Anyone who’s struggling with the Ogawa stories to the point of dropping out might welcome a children’s picture book at ABBC pace.

I should look at page counts, schedules for past books in this series, and work out a per-week schedule to help figure a good start date. (I realize my poll options were a bit sparse.)

2 Likes

I’ve put up a thread for book three.

Advertising in the ABBC thread can be tricky as I don’t know when the next vote will be, and we would want to give any interested readers time to buy a physical copy if they prefer. I wonder how many people jumped in at Wan Book 2 and Nyan Book 2.

Looking at the page counts, reading can easily be spread across 13 to 16 weeks, coming in at under four months. That means starting by November 1st could reach the very end of February.

The tricky part is spacing out the volume’s latter case, which has many text-heavy pages.

2 Likes

Next ABBC book should start 13 Nov, so we’ll ideally be voting on options end of this month.

2 Likes

I’m planning to hop in with you guys for this volume. I haven’t quite finished the first one, but expect to be done before any of the proposed start dates, and the individual stories seem to stand on their own well.

2 Likes

For anyone else who has missed it, we are reading volume 3 now: