よつばと! Reading club

I doubt it would take me that long, as I’m nearly done with reading volume 4 and I start reading volume 5 next week. But will still take me 2-3 months to catch up at this pace.

The English version comes out in September, and I like to duo read. So I don’t mind waiting till fall :wink:
I also have so much I’m reading right now XD

Looks like we have a nice split between those who’ve read already, those who’d like to start reading soon, and those who’ll catch up afterwards =D (That’s what I get for putting in Christmas as a gag choice.)

Now to see if I can summon @_Marcus to join in.

@Kazzeon, were you hoping to retain the volume thread/weekly chapter posting duties? If you were considering passing the torch for volume 15, I can take the wheel and carry the baton.

3 Likes

どうぞ. :slight_smile:

I will join May 8th if others wish to start then =)
I have already given up on all my Book projects, and my other long series ends this week (Chi)
So once I finish Chi I only have 2 mangas (1 of which I don’t duo read, so can do so with Yotsuba as well, probably more so since I’ve done 14 volumes already and barely needed the English anymore near the end), so can handle joining this volume now and do the books later (I’m so far behind I can’t catch up anyway)

2 Likes

And…we have a thread =D

3 Likes

Nearly through volume 5 and this was probably my favorite volume thus far. Not sure if to continue or take a break.

3 Likes

Continue. :eyes: :hocho:

3 Likes

Isn’t that a bit cruel to say, though?

I mean, the sooner @Thud gets through volume 15, the longer and more agonizing the wait for volume 16 will be!

1 Like

I mean I’ll obviously will continue reading yotsuba, but as test is coming up I imagine I’m gonna spend more time and energy on preparation for that.

After that I’m free.

2 Likes

Updated the OP. :+1:

1 Like

Is there no kindle version of this, or am I just to daft to find it?

Edit: Nevermind, should have used the search function on the thread - there isn’t.

2 Likes

It never occurred to me even once that ジュラルミン might be a strange word she picked up somewhere instead of a strange word that’s complete nonsense and so this was a big shock last night:

Apparently it’s a real material you can make arrows out of.

I guess if I’d ever looked it up I would have seen “common word” under it, but somehow not believed it… “duralumin” just… sounds more like something Yotsuba would make up than it does a real material.
Go figure!

(edited out a part that could be considered a mild spoiler just in case)

6 Likes

I think you’d be relieved to know that (afaik) it’s Yotsuba trying to pronounce ジュリエッタ (Ena’s teddy bear’s name) and failing.

3 Likes

Oh I agree! But I now think that in her mistaken pronunciation she landed on a word she’d heard before, like a “Tatiana” “… Titanium” type of thing, where previously I thought she just originated it whole-cloth.

…why are we whispering?

3 Likes

It’s a secret.

2 Likes

Volume 15 is coming out in English… sometime this month. Google’s giving me the 27th of September as the release date, but the e-mail I just got from my local Kinokuniya implies that it’s more like this week (but doesn’t give a precise date).

2 Likes

.*checks
Oh, don’t have it on pre-order yet!
.*orders!

Thanks for the reminder!
Where I ordered (Bookdepository) they claimed the 27th too.

1 Like

Kobo of Japan gives the 28th for the English digital release on the Japanese digital store, which would be the 27th where I am in the US.

1 Like

This is true, I’m feeling a bit sad after catching up. I don’t think another chapter was published since this volume came out.

1 Like