それでも歩は寄せてくる ・ When will Ayumu Make his Move? - Volume 11 Thread

Or, read it right away, and join me:

https://tenor.com/WFnI.gif

Once again, the embed fails. -.-

3 Likes

Open link, right-click on image, copy image address, paste in here.

(These instructions may not work if on a smartphone or tablet.)

3 Likes

Yeah, I tried that too. :joy:

Smartphone pains. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Holy Mother of all Cats the cliffhanger of the century

oh-my-omg

5 Likes

Meanwhile, life for Takagi readers remains the same as always.

4 Likes

恋愛レーダ

Of course I had to read chapter 144 and So cute ayumu

5 Likes

Did anyone even stop at 143? :laughing:

5 Likes

Gonna be a short weekend for those having with only one chapter to read.

3 Likes

Wow, you all weren’t kidding about the cliffhanger. BUT, I will respect the schedule… at least until tomorrow :slight_smile: I sometimes read a day early. Also I think some book clubs technically start on Saturday instead of Friday, but I pretty much treat them all as starting on Friday. Not even going to look to see what day this one starts on!

5 Likes

Just one chapter this week We’ve reached 第144局 and 第145局.

No cliffhanger at the end of this week’s reading.

6 Likes

One question please~

Page 93

Not sure what Maki means in this speech bubble:

I imagine 枠 refers to the current time slot in the TV broadcasting schedule. たしなみとして I have very little idea… something like “when it comes to (good?) taste” ? Something like the shows in this time schedule are usually good? =@.@=

5 Likes
Page 93

I could be way off base here, but I feel like it’s the “etiquette; manners” definition of たしなみ. Ayumu mentioned before that even in a study camp, it couldn’t be missed. So, I think Maki is following up on that, saying that it’s etiquette to let everyone watch during this time slot despite being a study camp.

5 Likes

It’s chapters 146 and 147 this week.

がんばれー, Rin-chan!

Oh, but let’s not forget, this is a shogi manga.

4 Likes

One question please~

Page 107

Hmmm I’m not sure what meaning of the word いった is 歩 using in this panel… ? Nothing I can think of seems to fit very well.

5 Likes
Pg. 107

I don’t know for sure (and will likely just discuss it with my tutor next time I speak with her), but my running theory is this いる. But I’m not totally satisfied with it, just kinda the only way I can make some sense of it until I get a confirmed answer. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

After doing a bunch of web searches and not finding anything conclusive, I’ve fallen upon 行った, sort of like saying in English, “You went (through) all of them?”

Separately, sticking 「全部いった」 into both DeepL and Google Translate returns “all gone”, but I wish I had an explanation/native examples to back that up.

I’m eager to see what MrGeneric’s senpai comes up with.

5 Likes

Did the girls turn into telepaths on chapter 147? amazing

4 Likes
Story comments

I don’t understand the rules of the double Shogi they did. They aren’t allowed to talk, but the boys communicated by tapping each other, and that’s okay? How is that different? Also, it worked, but what is the strategy behind each of them telling the other what to play?

3 Likes
That's what Ayumu's checking in on afterward.

From all the games of shogi they’ve played, each of them has an idea of how each other plays, and can base their own strategy on that. However, in this game, Ayumu’s and Takeru’s playstyles weren’t their usual styles (due to the switch). This threw off Urushi and Rin as they didn’t notice the unusual playstyles as being switched.

Separately, I bought the next volume of Takagi for the other club and noticed something.

Not quite the same, but so close!

5 Likes
re Response 1

Yeah, but the girls say it’s fine. They protest for other reasons, but they seem to indicate that it doesn’t break the rules. But I don’t understand how that can be. It’s basically working around the no talking rule.

re Response 2

Ah, that makes sense. I guess I just expected them to explicitly say why they did it. But maybe they did, and I just missed it.

2 Likes