しろくまカフェ Vol 1: Absolute Beginner Book Club

Already ordered and awaiting the start!

よろしくお願いします!

3 Likes

So the ‘old’ print version is ok as well? I ordered the amazon link one so I’m hoping so…:/!

I came back from lunch and it looks like the book is back-ordered almost everywhere!

Edit: Ordered!

1 Like

I’m 99% sure it’s fine. If it has 28 chapters, we are good!

Fingers crossed :slight_smile: And thankyou!

Psst, @emucat, you should link to the Absolute Beginners’ Club thread in the OP here :wink:

I had no idea Kinokuniya existed and I found out I have 2 locations close to me! I know where I’m going on my way home from work. Thanks for the information.

5 Likes

I ordered my copy! I tried ordering it from the amazon jp link, but it said it couldn’t ship to my address… so I checked amazon.com and found this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/4087828239/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It was about the same price, including shipping.

2 Likes

Nice!

I see the shipment can be a little bit tight though…

Get it as soon as March 4 - 19 if you choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.

I would expect it to be a challenge since its always difficult to judge native material. The only truly absolute beginner stuff is curated stuff.

Im sure it’ll be doable if you like the book since you have people to ask if need be.

2 Likes

What I’ve seen so far it that it’s very casual speech.

Check Misa from Japanese Ammo reading a few pages;

12 Likes

I ordered the last available copy from a different marketplace seller, apparently. Mine says it will come February 13- March 1

1 Like

Wasn’t planning to join you as I need to get back to Genki again… But then I’ve gone and bought it anyway! Thanks for all your organisation @emucat!

4 Likes

I’ve had the first volume of Shirokuma Cafe for almost two years and have yet to read it, so definitely count me in on this. Maybe I’ll finally open it now, lol!

5 Likes

Concerningly, my local Kinokuniya doesn’t even seem to have this on the website at all, much less in stock…

Hi all! Just managed to finish the free part of WaniKani and about to subscribe tonight or tomorrow :slight_smile: What better time to join the absoute beginners book club!

Could anybody confirm that this is the correct book? I noticed the cover was different and didn’t want to add to my confusion by attempting to read the wrong material…

This is the “old” version, thought the story is the same.
If you can… I would recommend getting the new one “bis”, but if not, that one should be perfectly fine

Ahh ok, I’ll try but I’m not sure I can find it in the UK. Maybe it’s a better idea for me to grab the ebook this time.

Thanks!

If you follow the link in the original post at the top to the Amazon US site, and then replace “.com” with “.co.uk” it shows the UK site. There are a number of sellers (all based in Japan) who will sell you a copy for about £6. The delivery dates for a lot of them will get here by the start of the book club

Aha! Perfect, thank you :slight_smile: