おじさまと猫 (Ojisama to Neko) Chapters 15 & 安心安全設計 (extra) Discussion

Ah, my bad, I’ll look it up when I get home.

Should I change it to just chapter 15 for this thread and then presumably 16/17 next week?

• yes
  • no
  • indifferent
0 voters

I just checked the trial pages for volume 2 and it really starts with chapter 16. So volume 1 ends with chapter 15 but we still have those extra chapters…and I would still like to read those. Or do you want to continue with volume 2 (chapter 16 & 17) next week?

2 Likes

Yeah the second volume starts with chapter 16, but in the first book there’s like 60ish pages worth of content after chapter 15

They’ve got these titles

• 端から攻めるにや
  • 透明な壁から見えるもの
  • 君の可愛い猫
  • 君に約束
  • 出会いと別れ
  • ふくまると一緒

edit: ninja’d

1 Like

You have missed the first one :stuck_out_tongue: (I can’ type it out right now, though), so we have 7 extra chapters in total for volume 1.

2 Likes

In that case, I think it definitely needs changed, whoops. I’ll change it to just 15 immediately and then we can look at changing it to some of the extra titles.

haha woops here’s the one I missed 安心安全設計

2 Likes

One method for handling the extras is to refer to them as “Extra” (or similar) with their page number. For example:

• Chapter 14
  • Chapter 15
  • Extra p83
  • Extra p87
2 Likes

I think it would be easier to use the names since some people are reading digitally and some physical books.

Should we do something like one extra at a time?

I don’t mind if we read two extra chapters each week.

Regarding pace: since we switched to two chapters a week it’s been ~10 pages give or take a couple. If we want to continue at that speed we should probably do a schedule like.
15 & 安心安全設計
端から攻めるにや & 透明な壁から見えるもの
君の可愛い猫
君に約束
出会いと別れ
ふくまると一緒

Then when it gets to Book 2
16 & 17
18 & 19
20 & 21
22 & 23
24 & 25
26 & 27
28 & 29
30 & 兄弟
私も猫が好き
守護戦士ふくまる
パパさんがくれたもの
大切なもの
少年時代

2 Likes

All in favor?

• Aye
  • Nay
  • indifferent
  • alternative suggestions (comment below)

0 voters

With 3 in favor and 3 abstentions, I mark the notion as passed. The thread title change is now active.

3 Likes

I’ve really liked the first book in this series but I might have to drop the book club, at least for a little bit. I’m already doing レンタルおにちゃん, about to start 10 Minute Biographies, and my bookwalker library is starting to get flush with free and purchased manga that I’d like to get to too. Hope I can wrap back around to おじさまと猫 and return to the threads in the future.

1 Like

Totally understandable. Good luck with your other studies! Hope you can join back in sometime :blush:

1 Like

Page 73 (ebook 75)
今日はパパさんの音もするし同じ家の中にちょっと離れてるけど

I don’t really get what Fukumaru is thinking here…

2 Likes

I think the gist of it is that Fukumaru can hear sounds from “Papa-san” (as opposed to before when the old man was gone at work), and that they’re in the same house, even if they’re separated a bit.

2 Likes

Please @ me if it’s Monday your time and I haven’t updated with the new thread. I’m adding it now, but I have been forgetful lately :sweat:

Things that warm my soul better than any onsen: おじさまと猫

I can’t get over how ojichan is reminded of his kids by Fukumaru crying at the music room door

Also what is もにゃもにゃ supposed to mean? p79, leftmost panel. It’s followed by suru, but jisho.org didn’t have anything for mona(mona)(suru) or monyamonyasuru.

I’m working on catching up to everyone, slowly but surely…

1 Like

A coworker fluent in English happened to stop by and she said that もにゃもにゃis nekoben of ざわざわ! How that connection works, I’m not sure, but I trust her judgment. She said in this case it’s a certain sort of feeling that doesn’t translate well into English. She said it was that Fukumaru was feeling a sort of nostalgia or sympathy on behalf of or for ojichan.

1 Like