おじさまと猫 (Ojisama to Neko) 君に約束

Vocabulary List

おじさまと猫 Vocab Sheet

Editing Guide - How to contribute to this vocab sheet
The more people contribute to the vocab sheet the more helpful it is for everyone, so please don’t feel shy about adding to it! Please read these guidelines carefully before you get stuck.

Shoutout to @Sarabrina for starting this book club and @frayderike for starting us off with such a lovely vocab sheet.

Chapter and Club Links

Original Club Thread

Start from the beginning : Chapter 1 Thread

Previous thread : Thread

Next thread : tba

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for content that would be considered a spoiler.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page, panel, and speech bubble…
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I have already finished this part
  • I’m no longer reading this book

0 voters

2 Likes

I’ll add the links into the original topics if I have time at work tomorrow. No guarantees :grimacing:

Edit: bizarre error message, so edits are currently impossible ):

2 Likes

I’m dead lmao.

When I skimmed through volume 6, I suspected our artist might be a bit “rotten.”

When I finally made it to this chapter though and the young guy calls our favorite Ojisama an イケメン. If you don’t know, ikemen are considered hot guys/ladies.

:joy::skull::joy:

All the ramblings of that boy made this section much harder and dense to get through, I think I didn’t get most of what he was saying about his cells and his body feeling an impulse (?) and then when he went on about his dream of becoming famous… was it all for making a good first impression with the old man? Is that it?

also, is the title referring to the promise of one day showing the old man his secret lyrics (or the process of writing them?) and how he takes inspiration to write the lyrics?