「Request」JS which can hide mnemonics in item〜

hello〜 im a bit hard describing with long words so here’s things im ask (with picture)〜

so im research a bit and found this old script but no longer work〜 im not magician who can doing amazing things with JS〜 so im research a bit things about JS and find out how to hide things by myself but fail〜 i dont know how to select sub-class to hide them〜

code is like 〜
document.getElementsByClassName(‘css class name im want to remove’)[0].remove();

and off course like im said im zero with logical  things like this〜 so it’s possible for someone with advanced JS skill to make this JS? is this hard to implement?

sorry for asking this JS but ill glad im hope someone can make this JS possible、because honestly programming things is not my domain at all〜

thank you in advance〜♪

$("h2:contains('Reading Mnemonic')").css('display','none');
$("h2:contains('Reading Mnemonic')").parent().find('p').css('display','none');
$("h2:contains('Reading Mnemonic')").parent().find('.additional-info').css('display','none');
$("h2:contains('Meaning Mnemonic')").css('display','none');
$("h2:contains('Meaning Mnemonic')").parent().find('p').css('display','none');
$("h2:contains('Meaning Mnemonic')").parent().find('.additional-info').css('display','none');

DaisukeJigen said... $("h2:contains('Reading Mnemonic')").css('display','none');
$("h2:contains('Reading Mnemonic')").parent().find('.additional-info').css('display','none');
$("h2:contains('Meaning Mnemonic')").parent().find('.additional-info').css('display','none');
 Only works for Kanji. On vocab pages it's called 'XYZ explanation'.

@OP: You don't use the mnemonics at all? Like never? If so, the JS is indeed pretty straightforward, like Daisuke's post, but if you look at it from time to time you might be better of by transforming it in a dropdown section that is collapsed by default.

Also, do you know how to put this in a userscript yourself or rather have someone else post it to greasyfork for you?

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/27292-wanikani-hide-mnemonics

rfindley said... https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/27292-wanikani-hide-mnemonics
 Well aren't you terribly clever?

So beautifully simple it brings a tear to my eye ^^

rfindley said... https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/27292-wanikani-hide-mnemonics
 ああああああ〜 works beautifully〜 thank you very much for make time to making this JS〜   i cant express my gratefulness〜 thank you very much Mr. Robin〜 and off course all who gave help it's very appreciated because at least it's new knowledge to put some css rule in JS〜

Mempo said...
DaisukeJigen said... $("h2:contains('Reading Mnemonic')").css('display','none');
 Only works for Kanji. On vocab pages it's called 'XYZ explanation'.

@OP: You don't use the mnemonics at all? Like never? If so, the JS is indeed pretty straightforward, like Daisuke's post, but if you look at it from time to time you might be better of by transforming it in a dropdown section that is collapsed by default.

Also, do you know how to put this in a userscript yourself or rather have someone else post it to greasyfork for you?
nyuuu〜♪ im only know a little like CSS and html〜 but no with logic things like JS and other programming stuff〜  so put a script manualy is okay but im failed with  attempt to make JS〜 //

im combined with Mr Robin markdown notes…everything is super〜 it’s like build an very personal dictionary〜