Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

Added these to the block list.

I added this one but just be careful because most of our kanji and vocab only have/accept the singular form.

It’s just a few letters off, or that’s how our typo system sees it at least. So that’s why it’s accepted.

4 Likes

For most it’s not a problem because the algorithm just states ‘you were slightly off’. For 3 letter words though, no deviation allowed, which is why I think that’s a good addition. Kanji for leg 脚 will have the same issue f.i.

4 Likes

That’s fair! We can add the plural for words that are only 3 letters. Tag us for any others :+1:

8 Likes

Thank you so much!

Yes, this was my problem. I would’ve been upset if I didn’t have the double check script. I figured that it’d be nice to have the allowance for everyone. Of course my scrambled brain totally forgot to mention that part lol

1 Like

advanced war tactics:

9 Likes

11 Likes

十日 accepts “twenty days”

wanikani_twenty_days

5 Likes

@Mods

1 Like

14 Likes

Those typos cracked me up! Especially the one for “To be photographed”.:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

“Yes Hermione.”
‘snickers behind back’

2 Likes

So, close, but so far away! :joy:

:baseball: :sun_with_face:

I guess it comes in camouflage colors! :joy:

13 Likes

Firstly I forgot to take a screenshot in the spare of the moment. While this is technically not a typo, whenever I see a question and have no idea on the answer, I always just type in ‘pass’ or ‘pasu’ for Japanese to fail the question so I can learn it better. This worked fine until it gave me the kanji for past, and took my answer of ‘pass’ to be a typo for ‘past’ and marked it right by mistake!

4 Likes

This is why you don’t do reviews with a headache…

14 Likes

While not terribly bad, I recently answered 首になる as “to be fred”. Sorry Fred.

12 Likes

I am in no way advocating spread of hate! Let us be kind or at least be respective of one another, please!

7 Likes

Added to the block list!

3 Likes

I might be a simpleton but enjoyed writing geofuck instead of geoduck

9 Likes

Dear @Mods

Also, the below definitely means a different word but somewhat related, for your consideration please.

1 Like

What script allows for you to write the kanji…cool!