Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

@Mods

Would’ve been real awkward to move up the SRS stage with this from Apprentice 1.

4 Likes

@Mods

There’s no way for me to un-burn this right? I wish Wanikani had an undo button like Anki…

1 Like

There is the resurrect button at the bottom of the item’s page

2 Likes

@Mods

3 Likes

@Vicissitude and @jklingen thanks for the tags–I’ve added “effort” and “complete” to the block list for 効 and 構成, respectfully.

I’m less certain that “scenery” belongs on the block list for 光景, so I’ve asked our content team for some more context. In the meantime, @anon9242278 is correct that you can resurrect any burned item from its page.

6 Likes

I admit, I did it on purpose.

10 Likes

4 Likes

@Mods
I’m 99% sure it should give me “we’re not asking for a radical” prompt in this instance.

3 Likes

@Mods I believe this typo should be blocked:

Pretty sure that’s a leftover from before the kanji had a “proper” name. I put that in quotes because I remember reading somewhere on the forums that one in particular is quite hard to translate, so it just had the same name as the radical for a while.

And as that one comic we’ve probably all seen by now goes: don’t break user space.

Eeyore??

3 Likes

Are typos accepted in WaniKani? Didn’t realize that yet.

You’re right, I’ll get this changed right away!

Cr_nch is right, Greenhouse used to be the main meaning but since we’ve changed it, we now simply have it as an accepted meaning for those who learnt it that way which ends up overriding the automatic warning. I’ll double check with the team though to see if we want to keep it that way.

Update: You should now get the “Oops, we want the kanji meaning, not the radical meaning.” message. The ‘Greenhouse’ was still being accepted as we had allowed it before we made the changes to how we handle user synonyms. Thanks for bringing it up!

1 Like

I will move you in order to wake you up

@Mods I feel like conservation should be on the block list for 保守的

5 Likes

Hey maru_maru! I think this is a good candidate for the block list! I will get this added. :+1:

-Nick at WK

3 Likes

:thinking:

8 Likes

Another one for @Mods

4 Likes

5 Likes

Thanks, I’ve just added it!

1 Like