You know you’ve been WKing when

That it too close to home ha ha. Now I only do review morning and night but before that… Between EVERYTHING. Between classes, games, activity, lunch, homework, video. It was super stressful went I tried to do it between classes when I had long word that I messed up. I don’t remember why I don’t do the mas often since a few months. I guess for some reason I got new habits.

1 Like

Your roomies google home mini hears the words 警告 and 禁句 from Wanikani in order, hears it as “Hey Google… Kink???” and proceeded to tell you all about kink.

8 Likes

Then your friends ask you why you ask his google home for kink.

1 Like

*her. My friends and I already know plenty about kink. I’m plenty aware of what 縛 means despite it being a level 50ish kanji. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

You start cursing your keyboard because you swear you hit all the keys for a reading but you somehow missed one, resulting in the wrong hiragana in the middle of the reading.

Also, when you’ve started planning your life around WaniKani…

5 Likes

@koichi This is a question of life or death for the Crabigatorist faith. I haven’t done my Reviews in almost a month trying to solve this riddle. Please help so I can do them again…

4 Likes

when you’re both excited and terrified to level up

7 Likes

You go camping & fall asleep thinking about the nightly reviews you should be doing. Woke up & was thinking about the morning reviews I should have been doing.

Brain, it’s ok. You’re allowed 1 day off from studies.

5 Likes

I wonder about that. I don’t remember anywhere in the holy scripture something as heretic as a “day off”. I believe you are lacking in faith toward our lord and savior the great WK. Doing these hereticals things makes you a witch. You don’t want to know what we do to witch right?

You know you’ve been WKing when you are part of a religious sect about WK.(Unrelated to the first part of the comment of course)

8 Likes

Forgive me Crabigator for I have been unfaithful. Thou art the greatest. I wish not to be burned by the flames like 焼き鳥. (I would, however, like to order several sticks of 焼き鳥.) Today I shall pay pay for my unfaithfulness by doing 69 lessons this morning and all 83 reviews before the day ends to appease thee.
焼き鳥

3 Likes

To truly be forgiven, rewrite your post in Japanese.

It would be good practice if you did though. You could always read the Tofugu article on how to talk like a samurai. :wink:

3 Likes

This definitely happens when I look at a word too much — is this even English?

2 Likes

… when you know what you’ll be doing at 7pm & 8pm tonight. (edit - and you plan tonight’s meal time around those reviews)
plans

… and get excited when you can just type ‘n’ & the next letter or hit enter / return when ん is in the middle / at the end of a word instead of typing ‘nn’. Yay, it’ll save me a few seconds in every review. I’ll use those seconds on the forums.
ぜn べn強

2 Likes

Until you get used to it, and accidentally type ほんおう instead of ほんのう

10 Likes

Oooops I’ll be careful; thanks for pointing that out. Nnow I knnow nnot to sinngle n.

6 Likes

yeah. Or しにゅ instead of しんゆう(親友)

3 Likes

I got so used to the nn for ん that sometimes I type double n’s in the meanninngs - getting the warning that my answer was a bit off.

9 Likes

I especially add a double nn synonym for three letter meanings, like zenn.

7 Likes

Sometimes I forget I’m not typing in Japanese and use double n’s in English when replying to WhatsApp messages etc… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes
  • You tried the vacation mode but had to cancel it the day after cuz you couldnt live without reviews…

It just felt wrong man :nauseated_face:

9 Likes