You know you’ve been WKing when

Should have actually waited until 42:42 to make the screenshot.

Deal with it…

4 Likes

the pain is real!

3 Likes

Lawl :joy:
I guess the only way I could do that is if it’s midnight 0:42 at 42 seconds.

I get Japanese ads frequently from typing in Japanese/browsing Japanese websites.

Also WHAT

WHY IS THERE A JAPANESE VERSION OF A US-STATE CENSUS AD

WHY. WHAT

14 Likes

Oh this happens to me too all the time! I actually find them much more interesting that the usual sort of advertisement.

I believe that the ad you’re seeing is meant for Japanese-speakers living in America. Not every American is fluent in English. The US census especially tries to be inclusive because they want everyone to answer.

6 Likes

You finally get why this is funny!

It did take me until my master review though…
I’m not very sharp lol!

Hahaha, to top it off, I finish my reviews and boom!

5 Likes

I thought it was douglas adam’s meaning of life. Are you remarking the spelling?

3 Likes

Do you revere 42 since you were 17?

We used to read the guide to each other aloud between bouts of revising for finals when I was in uni.

42 is the meaning of life in crabigatorism as well?

1 Like

Just the founder(s) are big fan(s) of the stories.

1 Like

You get frustrated with lower-level grammar lessons for using kana for words you already know the kanji for.

You get frustrated with more kanji-heavy material because you know the words but not the grammar.

8 Likes

Your manicure always gets chipped on that finger you use to furiously mash enter during reviews.

2 Likes

omg. I’ve been learning Chinese for five years and thought it would be fun to pick up Japanese. “Its basically the same characters, right???”

T-T trying to remember the Japanese pronunciation vs the Chinese pronunciation is very confusing

5 Likes

You know you’ve been WKing when a talking riceball asks you what happened to Koichi…

17 Likes

Well looks like I haven’t practiced enough. Rice ball haven’t started speaking to me. I need to improved on that.

6 Likes

hahaha so true. At first you decide whether to learn Japanese today or not and then The Japanese decides whether to give you little freedom for today or not

5 Likes

WaniKani will be in maintenance mode for 15 minutes starting on June 29 at 11:00 AM PDT (18:00 UTC). To be honest we forgot to do the announced maintenance on the 22nd :man_shrugging:t2:

It’s okay Crabigator, I also forgot to do my reviews :sob:

16 Likes

I find this so funny, especially the shrugging emoji. Tofugu seems like a fun place to work. We never get to blatantly tell our customers that we forgot to do something in my industry.

9 Likes

Exactly. Now I plan my day around the fact that I have to do Japanese. I’m like “I will do my Japanese then maybe I will have time to play some games or do some homework.” I feel that without Japanese my day would have too much free time now. I have been doing it for some years now. If the first thing I do in the morning is not WK I have no idea what to do. I’m even eating later if I have more rewiew than thought. I aslo happen to do 1 hour, 1 hour and a half of WK when I came back from parties at 2 AM. I Have level 60 so no need to level up but still… I could not let these 100+ review alone.

4 Likes

So relatable :rofl: :rofl:. The other day, 4 am in the morning, I’m on my way home with a friend thinking to myself: oh there might be some reviews that have accumulated over the course of this evening. Nah, I’mma do them tommorow. Five minutes later, I’m saying goodbye to my friend, arriving at home, starting my pc, looking at my reviews… (and then I realized that the tight grip the Crabigator had slowly wrapped around my neck was already far too strong for me to ever escape). Obviously I need an hour for 30 reviews, because I’m completely pissed, but 仕方がない.
It’s amazing how the gamification helps in habit building.

7 Likes

this is how I imagine my life now… :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes