You know you’ve been WKing when

When you start looking up at your computer’s menu bar to check whether or not you have any reviews due and how many reviews you have due, only to realize that the menu bar doesn’t display the number of reviews you have.
(When you confuse your computer’s menu bar and the menu-bar-like thing at the top of your dashboard on WaniKani.)

8 Likes

You start typing www. and your browser has already auto guessed WaniKani

11 Likes

When you’re pressing the ‘n’ key everywhere twice because ん only shows up when you do that on WK.

16 Likes

…when you eat breakfast, lunch, dinner while typing kanji and radicals and vocabs

…when I get frustrated while reading a manga because WK hasn’t thought me what certain kanji means!

…when I do WK even on a very shitty day (because I don’t want another shitty day from review pile up later) and then drop a lot of words back to apprentice

8 Likes

Only 13 and I have many actions, think and times already.
Oh boy.

2 Likes

-When you have more post-it notes with kanji and meanings on your computer (wall behind computer, desk surfaces, door, windows…you get the idea) at work than you have post-its with work related notes.

-when the IT dude works on your computer and leaves a note with kanji for you to figure out your new password

-when your kids great you with おはよう in the morning because you left notes all over their room with Japanese greetings.

16 Likes

…when you open a new tab and instinctively click the WaniKani icon even though you meant to do something else

29 Likes

When you wonder why you don’t read as much / play as many video games / watch as many movies as you used to, and then you remember:

oh yeah. I’m on WK for 2+ hours a day.

18 Likes

Every single day, several times a day.

8 Likes

Would give a durtle for this, but I don’t even have one. Here’s a picture! :durtjovahs_witness:

8 Likes

… every time you see Nick Cage you think immediately of @plantron.

17 Likes

Same! :slight_smile: I took forever to get around to it too, but I’m having a good time with the freedom now

you read Japanese by going “kai-something-something-suru… I have no idea what that means, but the first kanji is ‘meet’”.

I’m late to the party, but this is so relatable. I always go with “hmmmm cut-re-ru, uuuhhh what’s that first part again?” and with some words it ‘clicks’ really fast and others I’ll have to fail over and over and then suddenly they just stick.

6 Likes

Oooooo, thanks!!! What do I do with a durtle?

3 Likes
8 Likes

While I love Creole, I did see a poor unfortunate box turtle on the road today, it lost the race to get across or some *hole purposely ran it over… it was near the center of the road… I have lost my appetite for a while… :frowning:

3 Likes

Y20-Funny-Shocked-Cat-Memes-3
D-don’t you dare lay a finger on the durtles! >:v

6 Likes

You have a weird mind indeed

4 Likes

You’re doing something completely unrelated to Japanese and that niggling feeling in the back of your head is somehow connected to the internet and telling you that you DEFINITELY have a big-ass pile of reviews waiting for you back at WK
D9tnp4QUcAEk25l

19 Likes

wow having such a nice evening socializing with my frien-OH SHIT I WAS SUPPOSED TO LEVEL UP TONIGHT

34 Likes