You know you’ve been WKing when

Haha Yes! I know that all too well.

Hahahaha this is so true :rofl:

You go to an english movie in the theater in Tokyo and miss a word because someone is mumbling and check the Japanese subs to understand WTF they were saying.

14 Likes

you read this thread while waiting for new reviews

30 Likes

You force yourself to go to bed early so you can wake up in time for that 6am review.

14 Likes

When coworkers propose a meeting outside of normal work hours, you first check you WK timeline to see how many reviews you’ll have at that time before accepting.

46 Likes

I was just about to say this.

5 Likes

You buy yourself a black turtleneck because… reasons…

1 Like

…when you think you can read chinese because a lot the kanji looks the same

19 Likes

When you start doing reviews for stress relief too.

18 Likes

… when you sync your body with wanikani to do your review in the safest and more quiet room of all : toilet :grin:
… when you don’t use the little story but actual Japanese word to remember kanji
… when you watch Japanese video and just discover that you learn new things everyday !
… when you go to Japan in 2 month, an your bf is counting on you to talk and read everything. And you start to be mad at youself on every single mistake or forgetting words

7 Likes

When I watch TV Japan and can understand more every day. Or when I hear a new grammar phrase I just learned, that is very exciting for me.

6 Likes

When you mentally describe an unknown kanji as “an axe riding a scooter” or something equally dignified

36 Likes

when you get things like this …

and this…日本語 and you get really ticked off you can’t just manually burn them already!!!

8 Likes

Luckily they only take up very little time. (Unless you keep making typos on them)

3 Likes

you know you’re using wk when:
… you look at fanart and shout “COW!! COW!! it’s saying cow!!”
… you try to count days and stop as soon you reach eleventh day because you haven’t learned that yet. same goes for 11th+ things, big machines… :sweat_drops:
… you write down your weak spot kanji (+ translation) on post-its and put them next to your work desktop, so you need to face your shame every 平日.
… you slowly understand some japanese name meanings (like 田中 or 愛子) and get jealous that in your language it’s so hard to tell the origin meanings of people’s names.

16 Likes

When you’re going on a trip and need to plan how you’ll do your reviews between flights. And then squeeze them in as you’re visiting with family. “Sorry family, I know I’m only here a week, but the Crabigator needs me. … Every hour of every day. GOODBYE”

((thankfully they’re very supportive and let me do my reviews in peace, haha))

18 Likes

It simply goes juuichi, juuni, juusan…

6 Likes

My boyfriend loves when I do that on the phone when describing one I am having trouble with. It’s just six spirits next to the tree, don’t you understand.

12 Likes

so when i say 11 things i say juuichi? :scream:
so we don’t need the つ part after ten anymore?

1 Like