Wish you could speed up 20% or 30%

If you want to know, there is a thread: What is the level distribution on here? - #341 by BIsTheAnswer
It lists the levels of forum users. Granted, that is not all WK users, but still probably a good estimate.

Regarding the discussion in general (in case anyone is interested in my opinion)
  • I don’t think WK is slow, but I work full-time and have an active social life. 200 reviews per day is the absolute max I can manage, I prefer around 150.
  • If you already know a lot of kanji or have a ton of time and motivation to dedicate your life to studying Japanese, then I suggest looking for a different resource. Every resource has its target audience, if you are not WK’s, just move on :woman_shrugging: I don’t see the problem. A lot of people here recommend Anki, I personally don’t like it (tried like 5 times to get into it, always fell off after like 2 months), so I don’t use it.
  • “I like WK, but I want to go faster”: As many have already expressed: Things feel slow in the beginning. But more importantly: Often, life just happens. I find it admirable that there are people who are able to just go at it for 1/1.5 years and finish. But I think it is the minority.
  • As someone who uses multiple services for learning: WK is one of the most chilled companies, imho. The don’t constantly send you e-mails trying to push a new subscription on you and the don’t have different subscription tiers. They are super open about what subscription will cost you and what you will get (not like other resources that advertise a free account and then constantly push for you to subscribe and lock basically everything behind a paywall…). WK wants/needs to make money to pay their staff and that’s fine.
13 Likes