Which was your first book?

Thanks! I think I’m going to give Houhou a try instead of forcing myself to use/customize Anki. I think I might get addicted, let’s see.

I haven’t had the time to look into it yet, but it seems to be open source, so it’s probably possible to compile it for other platforms. Except if they used windows only libraries, in which case it might require some rewriting.
In the first case, only minimal effort (and technical knowledge) is required, so it wouldn’t be so bad.

Edit: yeah sadly it uses Microsoft .net framework… that’s annoying.

Yeah, it’s one of those words that makes sense when you figure out what it means, but before you know what it means you kind of have no idea (Unless “clear file” is actually a common word in English, and I just never came across it). So, I’d consider it mid-tier annoyance. XD

I have read a few Edo works in a traditional Japanese literature class that I took, but it was mostly in English with maybe a romaji transcription to the side of it (although this was mostly only the case for poetry). So, I think it’ll be nice to tackle the actual stuff and eventually be able to actually read it somewhat competently…although that’s probably going to take a while. Haha

Yeah, we both noted that it was open source, so we were hoping that maybe someone could work with it and eventually get it to work, but so far no one has. XD

But now that I see that it uses that, I can kind of see why. Haha It would be cool if someone took the time to make it available for Mac though, because I have first-hand experience of people wanting to use it but being unable to. Which is such a shame because it really is a good resource.

It was the childrens book かいけつゾロリのまほうつかいのでし.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.