What is your Current Plan of Study?

I came back from a long break (~4 months) of no study, and right now I’ve found a very enjoyable routine:

1. Wanikani - 30min - All reviews and up to 15 lessons (more than that usually has a hit on my accuracy, and I’d rather delay a bit the level up instead of going back again to the apprentice - guru hell)
  2. Bunpro - 15min - This has completely replaced my textbook right now. The plan was to use it to review N5/N4 grammar before going back to Tobira, but I might just stick with it and use the textbooks as a reinforcement for harder topics, or just for cramming for the JLPT when the time comes.
  3. Anki - 5 min - I create cards with expressions I find in manga/anime/books. I add screenshots from the original material to provide context so its not challenging, but its a good refresher for vocabulary that I find useful.
  4. Read manga - I started this year with the Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 耳をすませば and it has already helped me a lot with my reading ability. I’m still trying to build my reading stamina, so I try to read at least a few pages every weekday, and at least two or three chapters on weekends.
  5. Passive immersion on Twitter/Youtube/Internet while I’m browsing in general (I don’t count this as study, but depending on how I’m feeling at that moment I pay more or less attention to the content)

Due to work its really hard to get more than 1 hour to study every day, but I’ve come to terms with it! In the past, forcing myself to a strictier plan has caused me to burnout and stop studying for a while (and then suffering to get a ~1000 pile of Wanikani reviews back to 0).

1 Like