What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

Im pretty sure this would be a huge task, but maybe an extension (or separate website) that, just like anki, you’re able to put in new fake “levels”, kanji, or sets of vocabulary from others, except it’s just like wanikani in the sense of the style and SRS etc.

How about a redirect script so every time I click on the “Community” link I get sent to a page asking “Have you done your grammar lessons yet? Yes/No”

1 Like

An extension to order reviews according to their level-up status.

1 Like

Script to allow Kana/Kanji in Meaning input box of Vocab and Kanji.

I am planning this: Adding Japanese meaning as a synonym for every vocab and Kanji in WaniKani

I still want this as well. I don’t want to answer the meaning correctly too early for certain entries…

Would it be possible to have the context of kanji with similar meanings put together in lessons and reviews?

For example, have context snippets for 価 appear also on 値 so that when you learn either, you can differentiate their uses right away. WK does this sometimes but not extensively. I think it would be pretty useful.

(hope this makes sense).

Like 理由、場所、存在 right?

It might be a good idea to extend this ⇑ to this script. I am not sure if it is already in the script, though. At least, this is superior to WaniKani’s native version.

Yes exactly!

Thanks for the suggestion! I just checked it, and its not but it is still super userful

Being able to run user scripts on an android phone.

RDP into a desktop :sunglasses:

You can with Firefox+Violentmonkey.

2 Likes

Do you mean their SRS level? Then check this: [Userscript] WaniKani Review Asc/Desc SRS Order

1 Like

Is there any extension that shows how many items you have at each SRS level and when they’ll be reviewed next? I’ve found something that shows the items at the first two SRS levels, but there are no exact indications of next review moment.

I also would like something to show kanji with similar meanings (Ex: 話 and 物語 both mean story) the way that WaniKani Similar Kanji script shows visually similar kanji. Even better if it could show on the lesson/review pages.

3 Likes

Also, it would be helpful for the ones that don’t have exactly the same meaning but are similar. I goof up so often on the transitive/intransitive pairs and other small differences: to fix, to be fixed; to see, can see; to find, to be found, etc.

2 Likes

Hi!

I feel like my request will be a tad bit unusual, but I thought I would try to ask for it and maybe others would be interested too.

I just started WaniKani again after a two year break and working on my rewiews that accumulated before activating vacation mode. The moment I started with my Master and Enlightened Reviews I noticed that I would not remember the failed vocabulary/kanji if I don’t see them as often as if they would be Apprentice (they are now Guru and will only come back in one and two weeks, I’m sure I will have forgotten them by then bc of the 2 year break). I know I could just wait, but I would also like to start with new lessons asap and kinda want to check off my old reviews before I start with new ones.

That’s why I would like to ask for a Userscript that lets one reset specific Items in one of the other SRS stages than Burned Items (Like Burn Manager, only for e.g. Guru Items).

Thanks for listening!

Scripts aren’t able to do that (there’s no individual item-reset capability anywhere), but you could intentionally answer the reviews incorrectly a few times in the same session to set them back further. For every pair of wrong answers (meaning+reading), the item will go down 2 levels if it was Guru or higher.

I still want to see the script that “Mark as wrong”, both on the Review screen and on the Summary screen.

Exaggerating the wrong should be a good thing, isn’t it?

Doesn’t Ethan have a script that allows you to do that? Well, not on the summary screen, but during reviews.

It is dead after “the WaniKani Major Update”.

Ahh, okay.