What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

Mempo said...  I think you put way too much importance on burning all items. A lot of level 60's just stick around here on the forums if they only have a few items left that may be spread apart months ;p Just move on with life if that happens.
Oh well, it's not like I'm going to need this feature anytime soon anyway. I'd just like to be able to say one day that I finished whole WaniKani course and since I don't have a lifetime membership, it does matter to me when it will happen. That's also one of the reasons why I try to go through levels as fast as possible btw.

It's just an idea for script that might be useful for some people. If nobody is going to write it, I'll probably have to do it myself next year (once I reach level 60 :)

Hi all!

This may have been asked/discussed before. If so, I apologize, but I did some searching and didn’t find anything related to my question. (I’m bad at searching the right keywords sometimes though…) I actually think my question might be similar to haris3’s question above from a few days ago but I don’t know if I fully understand what he (or she? not sure? sorry!) meant by “pending lessons”.

I recently started using the “Wani Kani Ultimate Timeline”. It would be awesome if future lesson unlocks would show up on the timeline. (maybe that’s what haris3 meant by “pending lessons”? not sure?)

The timeline would assume that I completed all reviews it displays on time for these “pending lessons”. But it sounds like the API doesn’t have enough info to accomplish this? If so, I understand. It would just be nice to know what I have coming up and it would also help motivate me to stay on top of my reviews.

I’d like an external list of GURU+ Vocab that I can share with my online tutor.
it would be great to have it configurable so it can filter burned words, etc so I can have my teacher keep me practicing them.

Hello! 
Does anyone know how I could change the key that has to be pressed (instead of enter) to input an answer? 
I would love to change it because my little finger hurts after a hundred reviews and it sometimes hinders me from continuing. 
If someone could teach me how I should do it, or makes a little script for me, it would be lovely. 
Thank you in advance!

1 Like

press enter with a different finger?

MarioRash said... Hello! 
Does anyone know how I could change the key that has to be pressed (instead of enter) to input an answer? 
I would love to change it because my little finger hurts after a hundred reviews and it sometimes hinders me from continuing. 
If someone could teach me how I should do it, or makes a little script for me, it would be lovely. 
Thank you in advance!
I believe there is a script that automatically enters once it recognises that you have put in the correct answer. I have never used it (sounded a bit too much like cheating to me), so I don't know if it is still supported or worked well.
Edit - here it is! /t/Userscript-auto-commit-the-end-of-the-enter-key/11825/1
MarioRash said... Hello! 
Thank you in advance!
1. Go here: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/23847-wanikani-little-pinky-protector
2. Install script
3. Go to http://keycode.info/ in the browser you use for reviews/lessons
4. type in the key you want as shortcut (make sure it's not the same as existing WK shortcuts, like , or / )
(4,99. If you don't know how to edit a script, read my guide @ https://www.wanikani.com/chat/api-and-third-party-apps/12375)
5. copy paste the code from step 4 into the script at line 20.
So instead of "case 165: // EDIT THIS CODE FOR CUSTOM SHORTCUT", you should now have "case XXX: // EDIT THIS CODE FOR CUSTOM SHORTCUT".
The default button I installed is "ù" on Firefox. This is the letter on the right of the 'm' on my azerty keyboard.
If you don't know how to edit this script
6. Save the script.
7. Eat a cookie to congratulate yourself on all that cool hacker stuff you just pulled off.
8. Go to the gym to train that weakling pinky. BUFF UP THAT FINGER.
2 Likes

Is there a review overview modification that shows from which level your items came?

So instead of
Apprentice: [Items]

Guru->Apprentice:[items]
Master->Apprentice:[items]

Hahahh thanks for all the help! 
I’ll use EskimoJo’s script and also I’ll go train the pinkie at the gym as well, just in case :stuck_out_tongue:
If only I had cookies at home to follow all the steps though :confused:
Guess i’ll have to skip that one ^^’

I would love an extension for lessons that hides a new item’s meaning on the first screen (i.e. the “Radicals” screen for kanji and the “Breakdown” page for vocab). I like to look at the new item by itself first, especially for vocab when it’s useful to try and puzzle out the meaning from the kanji involved, but my eye is naturally drawn to the English right underneath it. Right now I’m going through lessons hiding part of the screen with my hand every time I move forward, which is pretty annoying. 

Apologies if something like this already exists, I looked at the list of existing extensions but could’ve easily missed it.

SailorSapphire said... I would love an extension for lessons that hides a new item's meaning on the first screen (i.e. the "Radicals" screen for kanji and the "Breakdown" page for vocab). I like to look at the new item by itself first, especially for vocab when it's useful to try and puzzle out the meaning from the kanji involved, but my eye is naturally drawn to the English right underneath it. Right now I'm going through lessons hiding part of the screen with my hand every time I move forward, which is pretty annoying. 

Apologies if something like this already exists, I looked at the list of existing extensions but could've easily missed it.
 Requested and solved two weeks ago! /t/Userscript-Wanikani-Lesson-Spoiler-Removal/14550/30
Mempo said... Requested and solved two weeks ago! /t/Userscript-Wanikani-Lesson-Spoiler-Removal/14550/30
 Awesome, thanks!!

i made a thread asking if there is any streak plugin or anything that exists but it didnt get any attention so ill link it here to see if it gets any attention. I really need this plugin i think it will help a lot 

/t/Is-there-a-streak-plugin/14729/1

I need an extension that shows me my Apprentice lvl vocab on Dashboard under my Radical and Kanji progress (I use Dashboard Progress Plus for that purpose).
I want to see it just the way it’s shown in Progress Lattice.
It should be easy: copy some code from one page and insert it in another.
Please?

Hi! I just saw that thread and thought about posting my minor request here:
It would be nice to have a wankikani night-mode switch. Thus turning everything dark grey and the text white. For all I care, even the colors of the element types can be turned to that said grey. Dunno if that’s a thing to commit a whole extension for, so even a css-sheet would be nice!

I’m wondering if anything exists that would allow me to easily view/copy/export WK words that are labeled as certain parts of speech, so I can further review them in my own time. For example, something to grab all verbs I’ve unlocked up to my current level, or maybe the ability to select up to a certain a level. I ask because there are several kanji used within verbs where I have trouble remembering the kun’yomi reading, so it would help me to review or see them in other contexts.

Failing that, I suppose an Anki deck or a list of common/useful verbs would be helpful, as well.

ekalz said... Hi! I just saw that thread and thought about posting my minor request here:
It would be nice to have a wankikani night-mode switch. Thus turning everything dark grey and the text white. For all I care, even the colors of the element types can be turned to that said grey. Dunno if that's a thing to commit a whole extension for, so even a css-sheet would be nice!
 Have you had a good look at all the scripts/add ons? I'm sure there are a few styling ones. Probably not an automatic night-mode one, but definitely one(s) that allows you to change WK's colours.
ekalz said... Hi! I just saw that thread and thought about posting my minor request here:
It would be nice to have a wankikani night-mode switch. Thus turning everything dark grey and the text white. For all I care, even the colors of the element types can be turned to that said grey. Dunno if that's a thing to commit a whole extension for, so even a css-sheet would be nice!
A few existing user styles:
https://userstyles.org/styles/113986/wanikani-dark
https://userstyles.org/styles/116150/wanikani-simple-black
https://userstyles.org/styles/126672/wanikani-grayish-blueish-dark
https://userstyles.org/styles/115352/wanikani-custom-color-style

Install with the Stylish add-on or as a user script 

Does anyone know if there is a script out there that mimics HouHou in that you can press backspace to ignore answer and the plus key to add entered word as a User Synonym? I find these shortcuts make reviews far less time-consuming, especially the user synonym one. 

Corks said... Does anyone know if there is a script out there that mimics HouHou in that you can press backspace to ignore answer and the plus key to add entered word as a User Synonym? I find these shortcuts make reviews far less time-consuming, especially the user synonym one. 
 Ignore answer with ESC button: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/23696-wanikani-override

Not sure if the synonym one exists.