What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

A WaniKani Real Numbers that actually works. The version I have goes into an infinite loop.

Not sure if this is possible, but I’d love a script that autoplays the audio of a word even when I’m wrong.

I have wanikani set to autoplay a word when I am right, (so if I get the word 当たり right, I’ll get a voice saying あたり) but I feel like it would benefit me way more if it popped up when I’m actually wrong! I have a tendency to get what I wrote stuck in my head, so I’ll write the same wrong answer several times in a row even after checking the right answer.

I learn really well through audio, so having a voice pop up to correct me would be a great help. :slight_smile:

Can I see all my burned items in chronological order, not just the past 30 days?

Singultus said... Not sure if this is possible, but I'd love a script that autoplays the audio of a word even when I'm wrong.

I have wanikani set to autoplay a word when I am right, (so if I get the word 当たり right, I'll get a voice saying あたり) but I feel like it would benefit me way more if it popped up when I'm actually wrong! I have a tendency to get what I wrote stuck in my head, so I'll write the same wrong answer several times in a row even after checking the right answer.

I learn really well through audio, so having a voice pop up to correct me would be a great help. :)
 double for this. I hate waiting for wanikani to load the information about the item.

Something semi related, I have a userscript that shows other definitions of a word and it loads instantly when I hit 'f', unlike wanikani which usually takes 10 - 20 seconds, however wanikani throws a 50% grey over the information area while it struggles to find its own information so I struggle to read it for a second. Maybe just a simple CSS thing, but does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Something with all the sentences that have been created with new vocab in one place would be sweet.

kwecky said...
Ethan said...
kwecky said... Hey, do you think you could make a userscript that adds a button that allows you to say if you gave the incorrect answer at the readings, like if you just didn't gat the correct answer in your head, but WK just say "That's close eneugh" an example of this, is 入れる(to insert) that I say "to enter", because I was thinking of 入る (to enter). I don't want credit for something i got incorrect. 
I basically want the oppsite of wanikani override. You think you could do that?
Do you mean something like the Close but no cigar script that I wrote a few months ago?
 Kinda, but I want to manually choose when I had a typo, and when I just didn't know the answer.
My english spelling kinda sucks, so there are many times I just don't know how to spell the word, but I know it eneugh to rely on WK to get that I knew the answer.
 Finally got one for you:
WaniKani Double Check: Manually toggle answers between right and wrong.
/t/UserScript-WaniKani-Double-Check/8396/1

An update to the script that forces a pause for a second from going on when you enter an answer wrong.

I tend to double tap the enter button a lot, and then I stop and “Wait, why was that wrong?”

Woo lag!

Hat trick lag!

Please a userscript that produces the shaky screen and a message to ‘be careful’ if I get everything right except the okurigana. If the answer is in the question and I get it wrong, it’s obviously a typo!
I know I should just slow down, but if English typos are allowed…

ro-sutopoteto said... A user script that lets you reorder your reviews from the lowest level first.
 In contrast to that (which we have - check out the ultimate re-order script page: just search "ultimate"), what I'd love is a "freshest reviews first" re-order, which I don't believe exists.
This would be great for the days reviews got piled up: If you get 600+ reviews, it could be a long time till you see your most recently mistaken item. Either "most recently reviewed" or perhaps better yet "most recently mistaken"  could be a great help in retaining what you whittle when there's so much.

A script to skip levels for people like me who have been studying Japanese for ages and are just starting out on Wanikani would be wonderful. I’ve heard so many good things about wanikani, and it looks great, but I’m really not looking forward to spending a month relearning the first couple hundred kanji.  

Apologies if this has been asked/done/refused previously! 

Flojomcfly said... A script to skip levels for people like me who have been studying Japanese for ages and are just starting out on Wanikani would be wonderful. I've heard so many good things about wanikani, and it looks great, but I'm really not looking forward to spending a month relearning the first couple hundred kanji.  

Apologies if this has been asked/done/refused previously! 
 A script cant be made for this purpose, also this feature was refused by Koichi.
Something semi related, I have a userscript that shows other definitions of a word and it loads instantly when I hit 'f', unlike wanikani which usually takes 10 - 20 seconds, however wanikani throws a 50% grey over the information area while it struggles to find its own information so I struggle to read it for a second. Maybe just a simple CSS thing, but does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
 What is this userscript called? I can't seem to find it. Is it one of your own (unpublished) scripts?
I made a script recently that sounds very similar. /t/UserScript-WaniKani-Quick-Info/8431/1

I think the jQuery command $("#additional-content-load").hide() might be what you are looking for.
Ethan said...
 What is this userscript called? I can't seem to find it. Is it one of your own (unpublished) scripts?
I made a script recently that sounds very similar. /t/UserScript-WaniKani-Quick-Info/8431/1

I think the jQuery command $("#additional-content-load").hide() might be what you are looking for.
 In the case of vocabulary meanings, I suspect the script is the multiple EDICT definitions one.
At least, I find the same thing - I can see the multiple EDICT definitions long before the WK one's have even loaded.
ocac said...
Ethan said...

In the case of vocabulary meanings, I suspect the script is the multiple EDICT definitions one.
At least, I find the same thing - I can see the multiple EDICT definitions long before the WK one's have even loaded.
 Seconding ocac's suggestion.  Same thing for me.

I would really like a wanikani app for ios more similar to the wanikani app for android by ihsan isik. The choice of some different user scripts choice of lesson or reviews. 

The other one would be similar to how in wanikani improve if you make a mistake it auto opens the answer, I would like it to automatic open the “your answer was a little off”. 

The option to ‘pass’ or skip items that you don’t want to, or are for some reason are unable to, learn. Some stuff simply doesn’t stick no matter how hard you try, and just wastes time that could be better spent on items that you’re more likely to remember. Or simply stuff that you’re not likely to encounter ‘in the wild’ so shouldn’t be a priority. The counter-arguments to a feature like this seem to infer that we’re not responsible adults who are able to manage our own learning, which seems a bit strange when you think about why people use this site in the first place.

The single most useful thing though is possibly the hardest to implement: users being able to tweak the intervals between reviews to match the speed of the system to their own pace of learning. Everyone’s memory works at a slightly different pace, so it’s a bit disingenuous to assume that the SRS system used here works equally well for everyone. The recurring complaints that reviews happen too often and not often enough are testament to that.

EskimoJo said... Please a userscript that produces the shaky screen and a message to 'be careful' if I get everything right except the okurigana. If the answer is in the question and I get it wrong, it's obviously a typo!
I know I should just slow down, but if English typos are allowed...
I just made one that does the shaky shakes when you get the okurigana wrong, which is just as good. (the only difference would be that what you're asking for would fail you if you got both the kanji and the okurigana wrong and this one just shakes until you get the okurigana right... then fails you)

/t/UserScript-Do-You-Even-Kana-Okurigana-Matcher/8440/1 

I’d like to see a chrome app that just groups all the extensions and is actively maintained.
Keeping up with tamper monkey and individual scripts is really discouraging for me, and makes it very hard to replicate my environment in various computers that I use.