We're Hiring a Full-Stack Developer

I know quite a few Ruby Developers that have worked with Rails for years and started to use “JavaScript” more and more the day Typescript became available.

@koichi Would you guys be interested in seeing resumes from candidates with extensive backend and frontend experience, but with limited Ruby experience (ie. the potential to skill up quickly)?

2 Likes

Either way applying wouldn’t hurt, right? Woo them with a good cover letter!

6 Likes

You’re right. I’m going to woo them with the best cover letter.

3 Likes

Debug.Log(“Hello World!”);

There’s my application, 10/10 odds I get hired on the spot. :smiley:

3 Likes

If you really want to impress, put a picture of John woo in front of your resume. There, you Woo’ed them.

4 Likes

It’s not impossible to get in with a lot of other experience but limited Ruby experience. You can definitely try - it’s hard to say much more than that without the context of all the other applications in front of me, though.

10 Likes

How about the reverse - Ruby master, but limited front-end experience?

(asking for a friend)

3 Likes

The most important attribute is full stack experience. Having experience in only Ruby is not enough.

4 Likes

The most important attribute is all of them

4 Likes

Nah, the most important attribute is just being a better fit than any of the other applicants. You don’t need to be the perfect applicant, just the best applicant. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

It is possible to decline every applicant and hope someone better applies later. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

That’s crazy talk. We’re the cream of the crop.

9 Likes

Well I mean, a front-end developer that has used the website extensively might be very valuable right? So I guess we are the cream of the crop?

2 Likes

Ok I lied. The most important attribute is to be able to pun.

20 Likes

If y’all need some help, just gimme a call, a’right? :grin:

I been practicin’ my skillz…
image image image

So, I’ll just be listenin’ for the phone, if that’s cool wit’ you… :kissing_heart:

:grinning:

31 Likes

#bestresume

14 Likes

I can’t apply anyway but how essential is Ruby on Rails for this job?

EDIT: read the thread and I’m thinking of applying

EDIT 2: I can’t read image

@koichi
I have experience with jQuery, regular javascript, CSS, Laravel (php), a little of scss and some interactivity in front end. I can use MS SQL and MySQL.
Recently I got into Vue and nodejs.
Can I help with something? :smiley:

1 Like

Pretty important

Figuring out the answer to that, I’m afraid, is a long, arduous process that begins with sending in an application.

4 Likes